Indoor Auto LST or Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor Auto LST or Top

Hi guys, this is my gals at 19 days old, i got an outdoors background and this is my first ever indoor grow, so im kinda learning as i go..
    couple of things i wanted to get some info on.. like is it normal that they are growing to they're sides like this? Cause my outdoor ones first go upwards like the middle branch up to about 10inch and only then leafs start to grow, and i observe here that leafs started growing as quickly as they were off the ground, so is this normal? And u guys think they look ok for 19days? And the other matter is, should i start LST already or should i top them? They r Auto White widow.. thanks fellas
    big up from Europe Click image for larger version  Name:	20210110_101801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	480811

Looking great! Here's a photo-fem White Widow, 19 days since the seed cracked new420guys seeds
    Hoping to top it this week between the 5th and 6th nodes.
    All the best!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4961.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.35 MB ID:	480822Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4962.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	480823
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

It's totally up to you to top if you want. Did you grow any autos outdoors this summer? I recommend them if you got 4 months of sunshine OK on to the questions....now is the time to train them they get stiff real quick unlike photos you'll see an feel the difference. I top mine an LST but it only depends on the health of the plant and if you feel good about doing this type of training it's pretty simple but like i say they grow fast. Less than 4 months seed to harvest sometimes quicker. Yours look real good right on track
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Here’s one I topped at 21 days and same one at 35 days.

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s purple punch auto.

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          So I'm gonna ask the newbie question to you. I'm growing my very first girl but have more seeds on the way. In the future on my auto plants I can top the queen after about 3 weeks or so and get results like yours? I'm a beginner and happy to learn from you and others...

Never top an auto. The reason is it has such a short veg time, and you actually will lose size/yield because of it.

autos don’t like to be stressed, as they have a set schedule they are doing and can’t add “rest days” inbetween to heal like photoperiods can. The reason photo periods can be topped and super cropped is because you can add a week or two to the veg time and allow it to bounce back before flowering.

I’ve only ever used LST on auto’s and it’s worked better. (For auto’s)
        If you want to keep them small and bushy, then you can top them for sure, but you won’t get the same results if you just do LST to them and let them grow big.

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Look up Doubledealing72 and check out his grows and then say never top an auto.

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s impressive, but I still wouldn’t recommend it. But hey.. to each their own!
          I’d like to of seen a side by side grow with his training techniques beside just an LST technique, and see how they would stack side by side.

Maybe it’s better I said;
          “Never top an auto, unless you are an experienced grower who understands the process”

Cool cool thanks guys.. im just researching cause never grew Autos and never grew indoors too.. only greenhouse outdoors, and even then i never topped them or trained them.. we actually i do sort pf train them, when they are massive i string them into all sorts of directions and they turn out good, and because here we get like 7 to 8 months summer time, or at least summer weather between spring and winter, so i grow monster plants cause i put them in the greenhouse by march and they vegg for about 5 to 6months.. and they grow from 12 to 15foot tall, massive plants, but i never been very fond of topping, plus as is is very much illegal here, theres not really any experts who can come give an hand.. but indoors, its my first time, and as well as they seem ok at 19days old, they started vegging close to the soil, whereas my outdoor ones first grow like 15inch tall, and only then leafs start to grow, thanks guys for the support, i suppose im gonna top a couple just to see how they pan out, and LST the rest, i would Lst a few and leave a couple untouched to see how they go, but then the lighting would be close to those and far from the trained ones..right? Thanks again guys

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          So how goes the battle? I'll be following along as we are on identical growth schedules @ 25 days (g). Difference being auto vs photo and obviously, breeders. I ended up changing my plan and topped between the 4th and 5th nodes. LSTing the resulting lower 4 branches and topping again the upper resulting 4 branches. Still waiting to top the very top 2, have to wait until I can safely get my scissors in there to snip (lol). I've grown my strain of white widow before and know it has a long period of stretch and I was very height challenged by the end of the grow last time. Hoping my "double" topping will aid me this time, we'll see. All the best!
          Woke up to 8" of new heavy, wet snow this morning

If you'll notice, you have a few plants showing light/heat stress. That is contributing to them being squat, the upside being they're growing downward. I Lst and top autos with impunity, removing under the 4th node on every plant to achieve desired shape. It's all grower preference.

Comment

• YESMAN
          YESMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          When u said if I notice I have a few plants showing light and heat stress, u talking about my plants and my pics right? The picture doesnt show the real deal, cause it's a 600w HPS lamp, and everytime i point my camera at the plants, the colour turns funny and weird in the camera, cause when i pull the lamp to the side and look at the plants they actually look fine. I have the lights at about 20inch from the top of the plants... do u reckon is too close and I need to lift it a bit up? Thanks man

• jamesphoto
          jamesphoto commented
          Editing a comment
          Newbie question here. Are you just using pipe cleaners to LST???

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	956.8 KB
ID:	486341

Comment

• YESMAN
          YESMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          Here they are at 38 days, defoliated yesterday as the light could barely get to bud sites, they are in pre flower now, so they were in veg for almost 5 weeks and turning into flower soon, cant wait thou..

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good

YESMAN Looking fantastic yesman!..One of these days I'm going to have to try an auto-seed run. Here's a pic of the photo WW (@day 39). Just starting to show a few hairs 8 days since flipping. Last time, it took 13 weeks from flip to finish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4987.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	486554
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• YESMAN
          YESMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn right man!! Fuck em all LOL
          I usually run photos outdoors, but had no stock this winter so went for the indoors for now, only picked autos cause they are quicker, or suppose to be.. so far so good, but mine as i said are now in pre flower at start of week 6, some people usually get theyre autos flowering at week 3, but i guess they will be smaller.. mine arent big too, but i hope they still stretch in flower and give me some good buds to make it worth it.. happy grows
          P.s. yours is looking good too, it will be flowering for a while but its gonna be awesome!! All the best
          Last edited by YESMAN; 01-31-2021, 02:03 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X