Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decarboxylation temperature chart

Fyi

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Thanks! I make my own caps (base recipe from GWE, thanks again!). I decarb my weed in a turkey bag at 300 for 30 minutes. My slow, low coconut oil bath is at 220, the reported minimum decarb temperature. This has always worked quite well for me.

On another note, I have not had the pleasure of trimming up fresh buds, how do you store the resin/kief from scissors and such and what are your favorite ways to use it.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I use cure buds and trimming also to do my hash. I sieve it. If you have seeing my pass threads then you should know my favorites loll The majority of my Indica strains goes into hash.

I wonder if my sous vide machine would be good to use for the water bath method?
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure maybe some growers here might have the answer.

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      I used the sous vid method a few times before I went to the Nova for ease of operation and complete activation.
      The sous vid was too much of a beating and didn't fully activate, in my never to be humble opinion. Just my experience.

Howdy Farmbuck, Thanks for the information/ I have been using a chart (that was posted some time back, I forgot by Whom). See attached image. The temperatures are close, but the times are shorter (on the one that I have been using), Are the values for the 'oven bake' based on a closed or open container? I will try these times and temps on my next cap bake. Thanks.
    other chart,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33672.jpg Views:	21 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	480291 I'll let You know how they compare.
    Last edited by DW2; 01-09-2021, 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling/typing error
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonjour DW2, Kool! Thanks friend. I believe open sir.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a similar one but made from peer reviewed studies on decarb/vaporization against temp and time

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy 9fingerleafs, can You post the chart that You mentioned? I would like to see and compare it to the other data. Thanks in advance.

Nice find, Farmbuck. I’ll be adding this to my collection of documents to follow.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

You’re a wealth of knowledge! Any idea if the temp/cook times cause a different affect? I’m only wondering bc you can cook a big piece of meat at a higher temp and it’ll be edible but it’s like eating a piece of leather. Where if you cook it at a low temp for a longer time it’s pure juicy deliciousness. Wondering if that translates over to decarbing weed

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I made some tincture a few weeks ago and our entire house smelled dank! Would’ve loved the Pine-Sol scent lol luckily kids were at the in-laws for the weekend. Ordered a supposedly scent free decarb box off Amazon but wasn’t willing to try it until we had another kid free weekend which is this one

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, i still get the stank...and it lingers....but the initial start to the process is very “piney” smelling. Decarb day is a good day to do house cleaning with strong smelling cleaners 😂
        I hated my house smelling like a skunk farm, so I bought a used toaster oven that i keep in my shed for doing the smelly work. Rather my shed smell than my house.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s smart! I have a shed 👍🏻

DW2 sorry took me so long, had a bussy weekend, heres the chart, each line is a peer review study except the thick one, thats the average
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 8.50.00 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	348.3 KB ID:	481181

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks 9fingerleafs, I'll compare it with the other charts.

Originally posted by Farmbuck View Post
      Fyi
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Seeds: 9 GG#4 autos, 9 Amnesia Haze autos
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      And trying to grow Mexican landraces in the Yucatan. Well why not eh !! https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png
      We studied decarboxylation reactions at the university and only after a couple of years I realized the importance and value of this knowledge for myself.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X