GG#4 stress techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR GG#4 stress techniques

Hi guys, I'm starting my first grow in a week and have been looking into soooo much that I hope I don't do too much stress on my plant. I'm going for GG#4 and was wondering if I could/should get into FIMing it first, doing LST a few weeks after and when they're big enough, scrog. Now, fiming and scroging I'm sure I can and should do it to get the best out of a 2.7x2.7ft tent. My real problem is about LST... is it worth it when I'm scroging anyway? Or will it cause unnecessary stress on the strain?
    Thanks growmies.

You can’t scrog without LST since it’s a variation of it. You’ll get the best yield from GG from a ScrOG. It’s nodes tend to be further apart and plants usually get fairly tall. Personally I wouldn’t FIM it just top it a few times. Get the screen low (it’s a ScrOG not a trellis) and grow the plant out under it. I’ve seen pics on here where people have set their screen a couple feet above the soil with great success only they veg’d the plant way longer than needed

Comment

Thank you growmie bboyfromwayback. I shall do just that, but why not fiming, why topping? Now, when you say they vegged it way longer than needed, what made you see that? Legit question bro. Thanks

Comment

Because they vegged it vertically a couple feet then went horizontally. If they only went horizontally they could have flipped to flower much sooner bc they wouldn’t have wasted the weeks it took to grow that tall. I used to not care about veg times then I got tired of buying nutrients, more watering, more training, more electricity ect ect I rarely veg over 4wks now. Sometimes I do but not much longer. Someone growing bigger plants may get a extra oz or two than me but in a years time I’ll have more grows, more variety to smoke snd more oz’s in my cabinet

FIM gives you a bunch of crazy, unpredictable growth shoots at the same node which would just make a mess to grow and spread out under a screen in my opinion. A clean top turns one stem into 2
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 01-06-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Got it man. I'm constantly learning on this forum. I'll try to follow your advice man and will post the results later 👍👊👊

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X