Need some help navigating GH full line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help navigating GH full line.

I'll start with some back story. So, I took a break for a few years from growing due to the living arrangements. Before I used GH flora trio and got pretty decent results, I also played with bio-canna in the space box and found it just ok. Now that I have started a new grow, I searched a net a bit in an attempt to save few bucks and found a dude selling his leftover GH nutes all were almost full or more than half for $100 so I decided to jump on it. While I understood what some of them are for most of them remain a mystery to me and claims on the GH website are not that clear. So, I started mixing my nutes at 1/3 strength and going up from there. When I got ppm meter and started measuring the strength of the solution after the addition of every nutrient I have noticed that some of them bump ppm quite a bit while others - very little. So, now that the bottles are running low and I have to refill stock - my questions are:
    • What is the benefit of each?
    • Which ones should be used sparingly and which ones can be used at full strength?
    • Which ones are a marketing gimmick and can be left out completely?
    • Bonus question: since my tap water running hard (300-340ppm) should I use less Micro or less of everything?
    p.s. I understand that things can vary from plant to plant but I feel like there should be somewhat normal distribution in everyone's experience.

Here is the list of everything that I got for reference:
    • Grow
    • Bloom
    • Micro
    • Rapid Start
    • ArmorSi
    • CaliMagic
    • DiamonNectar
    • FloraBled
    • Floralicios
    • FloraNectar
    • KoolBloom
    • Dry Kool Bloom
    • Maxi Bloom (came with the package not sure why... Any use for this?)
    Thank you in advance! I WFH and can geet you any additional info or pics right away.
    Last edited by gobkin; 01-05-2021, 11:34 AM.

Using old nutrients ain't a good idea.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Define old? The oldest open one was rapid start, which was 5 months old at the time i bought it. Some were still sealed. Do you really toss your nutes and buy brand new ones after going through 1 grow???? These are just salts in solution none are orgain... except blend mb? How owuld they go bad?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just assumed that if someone is selling then it must be used or old - used to use GH flora trio but found out that it and Advanced Nutrients are third rate at best.

• gobkin
        gobkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah. Guy selling them just switched to a different line and had leftovers. The post was on the board for 2 days before I snagged it. From what he told me they were all pretty fresh.

I’m with Canuck147 on this one. Not knowing exactly how good those nutes are, you could end up facing issues during veg or flower and not realize the nutes are unreliable...and start looking like a dog chasing it’s own tail.

If you feel confident in what the seller told you, you can go ahead and use them. but always keep in mind they might be flawed.

As for the list of goodies...no idea what they are or what they do. I use a basic 3-part veg/bloom trio plus cal/mag additive and haven’t had any complaints about my results. Maybe i should start trying out the extra enhancers on a selection of plants to see if i get better results.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X