Questions on Molasses Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Questions on Molasses Use

I’m just curious how when and how much molasses you guys use I’m a new grower and when I was researching growing before I started I read tons of good things about molasses but the first use with it I had some trouble and stopped I believed it caused a magnesium deficiency within 24hrs of molasses use my leaves were turning yellow between the veins 6 hours after using cal mag the next day the leaves were significantly better 12hrs they were normal I had been adding cal mag in every feeding so I don’t see how it could’ve been lacking the only change was molasses I used it along side my normal feeding with just enough to tent the water a green tea color I used the molasses in early veg really this is just my curiosity things are going so good with my grow right now I don’t want to change anything but I’d like to maybe try some with my next grow

I cannot address the specifics of your question. I add one tablespoon of molasses to a gallon of water.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Likely it caused a temporary PH drop in the soil.

Comment

its really not needed while in veg. Wait till you're flowering for 3 or 4 weeks.

Comment

Molasses will crash your ph if your not phing the water with molasses in it. I only give molasses to vegging plants in the couple weeks leading up to the flip to flower. I make the flip I’m about 2 weeks by daily shortening the lights on period till I am at 12 hours.
          4x4 flower tent
          sour dream
          Blue Diesel
          Trainwreck
          platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
          Green Dream
          Sour Dream
          blue dream
          Freakshow

Comment

I give it only when they are in the last weeks prior to harvest. I don't feed molasses in veg. My 1cent opinion LOL
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Molasses causes the good things in the soil to eat Nitrogen that would have been available to the plant. Which is why most of us feed it in the last stage.

Comment

I use organic molasses cuz it's sulpher free - when my plants are flowering. I have used regular molasses and it made all my leaf tips yellow..
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X