Thc test kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thc test kit

Ok so was just wondering if there was a thc test kit people can vouch for. Online is a hard shopping market some are really expensive and others seem too cheap. This isn’t for a professional reason I just thought it would be Kool to see what levels my crops achieve

Do It Yourself THC Testing

Well, IF you have any chemistry/techie knowhow, and you like DIY projects, there is a fascinating thread at OverGrow on home grown THC testing using readily available materials. These tests detect THC & CBD, but they only provide relative rather than absolute percentages. You can compare two samples and see which one is strongest, but it won't provide a percentage number. Qualitative, not Quantitative.

The setup involves acids and bases that are strong enough to harm you, so this approach isn't for the faint at heart. As a disclaimer, I worked in a chem lab and the procedures are straight forward measuring and stirring. With that said, I haven't tried any of these myself and I strongly suggest that anyone interested do due diligence before proceeding.

https://overgrow.com/t/testing-cbd-a...-at-home/16935

The linked thread is *really* long, but fascinating. They were figuring this out as they went.... very cool.

-Grouchy
    PS, Here's a commercial THC test kit that does it all for you. $132 for 4-8 tests
    Visualize the main active ingredients of the cannabis plant parts with this Cannabinoid Analysis Tool. This cannabis test kit enables the detection and identification of six (6) of the main…

Last edited by grouchyoldman; 01-03-2021, 09:03 AM.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Hello Wolfe0420. Check out this link https://www.gethigrade.com/. I have this app and it's kinda cool. There has been some discussion on here about the science behind the technology. The burning Q, can you really get an accurate report from a picture? Thx to alltatup for the heads up about this app.

Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Read about the algorithms on their site. There's no guessing.

golfnrl huge thanks I ordered the home growers plan and I’m awaiting my scope.

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        That's cool Wolfe0420. Keep us posted as you use it. I'd like to hear what you think.

So still waiting on my scope departed Detroit on the 13th arrived at Pearson airport on the 14 today is the 19 and it just arrived back at Detroit.

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        changeofpace2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now comes the weight - It will take them for ever to leave customs. The U.S side of shipping is Way, Way more efficient then Canada, or at least this has been my observation across the board except DHL.

Finally got my scope. I had to take my phone case off for this work but I can live with that. Still have to start a grow log in the app but I did a quick thc test.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe0420 View Post
      Ok so was just wondering if there was a thc test kit people can vouch for. Online is a hard shopping market some are really expensive and others seem too cheap. This isn’t for a professional reason I just thought it would be Kool to see what levels my crops achieve
      I was entertaining the idea of testing my progress. Almost pulled the trigger at a local hydroponics store but did a little research first on there product. It turned out that the test kit offered was only a relevant kit i.e a range of 16 - 20 % kind of like a pool water test strip, nothing conclusive. the better test kit with actual thc % was close to 200$ dollars but it did offer around 20 test.. Not willing to spend that at this time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X