do you think this is done??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you think this is done??

Plant was dry so I was watering it and took a small little bud from the bottom of the plant and brought it to my computer to put under the microscope. I have been using a Loupe on it to check the trichomes but they are not as easy to see as in my previous harvest. to my eyes, these seem cloudy, what do you guys think??
    Team AutoMechanics

Idk to me they look half way between ready and not.
    If your still unsure a bit of reading might help

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabebotanist23 View Post
      Idk to me they look half way between ready and not.
      If your still unsure a bit of reading might help

http://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest
      Done that but wanted a second opinion or more! to me they look cloudy, but no amber in sight. This bud was take way down low. I'm a diabetic so my eyes fail me sometimes especially when I look at something too long!
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

If they don't come along, I would private message Nebula or Sirius and ask their opinion. I definitely see the cloudy you are seeing, but maybe a tad under yet.

Comment

I see the cloudy. How do the hairs look? How long has it been flowering for? I usually wait till I see one or two ambers but sometimes they don't turn even when they are ready. What is the strain? If u think it needs more time u might wanna try to use some general hydroponics kool bloom dry nutrients. They really help speed up the tricome finishing process

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post
            If they don't come along, I would private message Nebula or Sirius and ask their opinion. I definitely see the cloudy you are seeing, but maybe a tad under yet.
            if thats the bottom of the plant, it would make sense that the top is more done. I think I just watered it for the last time but will see what they say! Thanks for the opinion! Love this forum!
            Team AutoMechanics

Comment

If that was taken really low you should grab a loupe and look at the tops. You don't get the nice camera image from a computer but u can get a magnified look without sacrificing a nice bud

Comment

Originally posted by Grower-Aaron View Post
                I see the cloudy. How do the hairs look? How long has it been flowering for? I usually wait till I see one or two ambers but sometimes they don't turn even when they are ready. What is the strain? If u think it needs more time u might wanna try to use some general hydroponics kool bloom dry nutrients. They really help speed up the tricome finishing process
                Hi Aaron, the tops of the plant the hairs are brown! The strain is Afghan. I wish i could drag my computer in there to see the tops under the microscope. At any rate its close!!!
                I have been watching the tops with a loupe, but this strain isn't so easy for me to tell, the last one i did, it was much easier!
                Team AutoMechanics

Comment

If the top hairs are all brown and that pic was from the bottom i would say you're in the window. You could wait a day or two and see if they change. You don't have any white spikey hairs on the bottom do ya?

Comment

They don't look cloudy to me at all...too shiny still

Comment

• Grower-Aaron
                      Grower-Aaron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I do have a hard time tellin some times. That's y I like to wait till I see just the stray Amber or two that way I know. It's also hard to tell when you don't see the whole plant

The light is making it difficult to tell if it's shiny or cloudy. They kind of look like that plastic look I like to see when its chop chop time.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking Nugs! I would like to see one or 2 ambers before I chop and I just watered , but I really want to be sure the harvest window is open and it sure helps to hear from fellow cultivators.
                      Last edited by Sonnyhad; 10-19-2016, 04:28 AM.
                      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I agree with the others that I don't think you're quite there yet, but definitely getting close! If you post a picture of the plant and buds it can help us tell. It's good to look at the trichomes but it's even better to look at both the buds and the trichomes to get the most complete picture

Comment

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
                          I agree with the others that I don't think you're quite there yet, but definitely getting close! If you post a picture of the plant and buds it can help us tell. It's good to look at the trichomes but it's even better to look at both the buds and the trichomes to get the most complete picture
                          Thank you Nebula, I will see about doing that today but it's good to know I'm close! My veg tent is full and I need to move something into flowering and this girl has been in there for over 9 weeks!
                          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X