105 days in not ripe? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 105 days in not ripe? Help!

Hi everyone, first time grower, first harvest. Stats first, issue below. Thanks for the help!

2x4x6 grow tent, coco coir, 3 gal fabric pots, w/ canna coco nutes every 2-3 days
    Led - vivaspectra v450
    2 sets of 2 cfl 40w natural light - 2600 lumen each for lower/side lighting - added in the last 6 weeks due to differing plant heights
    light schedule - reduced from 18 hours to 12 hours about 2 weeks ago, after reading a GWE tip
    lights - further reduced to 10 hours, but noticed a lot of new fan leaf growth, upped to 11 hours. no light leaks I can identify; dark period is dark.
    plants - AUTOS - Dutch Passion - 1 Brooklyn Sunrise, 1 White Widow, 1 Critical Orange Punch (harvested already @ day 100, early side but niiice). DP site claims 10-12 weeks seed->harvest for these 3 strains. It's been 15 weeks as of today

Issue: Pictures are attached. I keep checking the trichomes every few days, but they still seem quite early to me. What's going on? Should they be taking this long? What else can I do to get them to finish faster?
    Some thoughts: - I can't get the LED's farther away and these plants are tall. Maybe only 4-6 inches away from the tops; can this delay/prevent ripening? I'm seeing some burning and foxtails, but even looking at trichomes lower on the colas, they aren't ripe yet.
    - Should I turn off the leds and finish just w/ the CFL's?
    - Am I looking at the trichomes right? Tried to attach a few good pics.

Thanks GWE community

So you got only 2 left in that tent right? Can you see if the trichs are cloudy? Did you quit feeding and using only water now? Not sure why you reduced the light time on these? Don't go off someone else whim times, use no less than 18hrs of light for the autos always unless they aren't flowering THEN you can try the 12/12 to kick them into the flower mode. Man sorry it's been a long ride for you hang in there. Hopefully another grower will suggest something. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal is correct. Put your lights back to 18/6...lights are food and you want her taking in as many calories as possible 😁.

As for speeding her up....why? She is doing what she is doing and it only gets better with time. Trying to push her to finish faster is basically wasted effort and reduced quality of product. She looks like she still has about 50% of her white hairs. She needs more time.

Breath deep. Relax. Be patient.

Keep close eye on her hairs and trichs.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

ncjoker You have some great advice from two of the best performers on the circuit. Light is THE biggest component of a grow. A plants internal chemistry is fueled by light and time . You may have interrupted the plants process in adjusting the lighting schedule but it will recover in time...the question being how much longer. Keep checking the buds for changes. Use a good magnifier possible one of the usb microscopes that will really zoom in

Comment

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and present an alternate viewpoint.

When I look at your pics at full size I think I'm seeing signs of foxtails, maybe even seed pods, and general light stress including the upward curling of entire leaves. The close proximity of curled red pistils with brand new white ones also suggest a plant under stress giving the BU2B "Final Push" before she gives up the ghost. The delayed harvest period is also a sign of a plant under duress.

I been wrong before, plenty of times and I could be wrong about any or all of this too. Caveat Emptor.

But if I am right, the prescription would be to turn off the LED immediately and deploy your CFLs to flood those beautiful Buds 18/6. You want to cool things off, so don't put the CFLs too close. Adding heat will only make things worse. How hot and humid is your grow room? If those swollen calyxes really are seed pods I'd cut your losses and harvest.

You could post a few more closeups with white light to help prove me wrong.

My $0.02,

-Grouchy
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Is that seed pods i can see in the first pic,got same prob with my autos and im thinking that was stress.
            Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
            Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
            Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
            Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
            Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
            Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
            Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
            Pots=12l fabric
            Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X