Drooping crispy leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drooping crispy leaves

Hi everyone. Having some issues with a few indica plants that are in early veg. I first noticed the leaves on a few plants drooping plus twisting a little, and not really having a smooth texture, I was told by a few people on these forums that I shouldn't really worry and that it was probably a ph issue, but I was doubtful as it was only a few plants having issues.

It's been about a week or so, I have continued as normal hoping they would start getting better and they haven't, leaves now also feel dry to the touch and crispy. I like to think I'm good at not watering to often or to little, so I'm kinda at a loss. They are growing in coco, using GH nutes, PH always between 5.8-6.2.

I use led lights, in the past whenever I had problems similar to this it was from light stress, so I raised them to about 40" and turned them down a little, but there has been no change, room temps stay between 72-75°F and 60-70%RH. pic is the worst of the bunch. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Files

It’s hard to see crispy, yours looks like mine but I wouldn’t call mine crispy, just droopy. I spent a few days searching. I have no F ing idea, the closest thing I could find was on the GWE main site and it was over watering. I’m like you, I thought my watering was decent but I don’t know.

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
      It’s hard to see crispy, yours looks like mine but I wouldn’t call mine crispy, just droopy. I spent a few days searching. I have no F ing idea, the closest thing I could find was on the GWE main site and it was over watering. I’m like you, I thought my watering was decent but I don’t know.
      I'm almost positive mine isnt from overwatering. I let it dry out before i water and i only get about 10% runoff that gets drained when I'm done. And mine are definitely crispy to the touch, feels like paper what puzzles me is I have several others plants that are doing fine, fed the same nutes and in the same room. Hopefully someone more experienced sees this and has some ideas because I'm all out.

Comment

Hmm...they don’t look too terribly bad. If you raised the lights AND turn down them down a little bit, you might be starving them a little bit. Is the inter-node spacing consistent? Or is it stretching? That will help guide you to keeping light height/intensity during early veg.

Are the leaves droopy all day during lights on?
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
          Hmm...they don’t look too terribly bad. If you raised the lights AND turn down them down a little bit, you might be starving them a little bit. Is the inter-node spacing consistent? Or is it stretching? That will help guide you to keeping light height/intensity during early veg.

Are the leaves droopy all day during lights on?
          Yes the few plants that have problems only slightly rise through the day. They dont appear to be stretching, everything points to light intensity but they are already at 40" and dimmed somewhat. just odd that some plants are growing fine, others not, with this one in particular having issues. I wouldnt be as worried as I am if it wasnt for the leaf texture feeling like paper, and how it seems to be getting worse.

Comment

How big is the pot that you are using

Comment

• RbigbirdM
              RbigbirdM commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a 1gal smart pot

Im not a pro, but to me it looks like you need a bigger pot for it. Thats just my opinion and i may be wrong, curious as to what your others look like?

Comment

• RbigbirdM
              RbigbirdM commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok it's in a 1 gal, most of other plants look completely healthy if it looks big in the pic it's really not, less than a foot tall, I was under the impression that a 1 gal can support a plant of this size but I could be completely wrong.

I tend to agree she needs more root zone, I bet shes root bound.

Comment

• RbigbirdM
              RbigbirdM commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a 1 gallon smart pot. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a 1 gal big enough for a plant this young?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X