Adverse reaction with Neem oil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adverse reaction with Neem oil ?

Just wondering if it could be why I had an adverse reaction while smoking a joint of my Thai Chi sprayed with Neem oil several months ago (yes I panicked when I saw those damn aphids on my girls and went ballistic on the spray during my last grow). Maybe it's something else... Just say after a hour or two my heart beat jump to 130 bpm and I feel nausea for several days. Wife said to throw it out before you end up to the hospital. At my age and being diabetic I'm gonna listen to her.

Never again I'll be using this "shit" to kill those pesky bugs. All I can say the Thai Chi is out of the window.

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Sorry to hear this but it sounds like you’re doing the best thing. I’d rather lose some weed than die or get put in the hospital.

Comment

Farmbuck can you explain how you used the Neem oil? Also if you used it during the flowering period? Another question is where was it sourced from? What brand? Did it taste like Neem? Or did it taste weird? How did the buds smell in the jars? Sorry it’s a lot of questions but I would really like to know what to be aware of? Also sorry for your loss hope you have clean material you can medicate with.

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Cali I use Neem oil bought from amazon, it's been discontinued now... It's call Organix South Neem Oil. I used 1 TPS per 1 gallon in a spray bottle. I did it like 4 wks before harvest and I only spray it for 3 days on the bottom colas not the top ones. Did it smell or taste weird ? Not really !! The Thai were curing more than 9wks. It's smell more like lemon and curry so I'm not sure if I'm allergic to Neem it could have being something else like a bad diabetic attack but I'm not taking any chance with it. So I guess I learn a dire lesson here with this product. And don't worry I have plenty from previous grows.

Sorry to hear about that reaction, Farmbuck. Glad you’re ok and recovered.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

After scouring the internet on neem oil reviews I came across a review that brought so many neem oil question to answer. Tons of info on health. I posted this on the 22nd.
        Looking into killing some fungus gnats I came across this review on neem oil. I like the use of a surfactant (MOAP) used to keep the oil on the surface longer. I’ve used surfactants for years on weed killers but this is more natural. I’ll try this and if effective will try it with my weed killers out on the property.

Equipment
        5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
        ———————————————————————————————————-
        1st Grow
        Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
        Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
        Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Wow! Glad to hear your feeling a bit better.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Can you tell us what brand off Neem oil you used and were anything other than water used with it?

I just got my Neem oil, castille soap, molasses and sprayer the past day or two and was ready to spray tomorrow just before lights out.

Equipment
            5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
            ———————————————————————————————————-
            1st Grow
            Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
            Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
            Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

MrPNW i believe he answered it on a reply to my questions? He also stated its discontinued and probably because it wasn’t a good product and most likely infused with what made him sick? I always recommend the GWE community to buy their Neem cake or Neem oil from NeemResource.com. That is the best Neem source I know of, the lady that sells it will reply to any questions you may have and has been around for many years which speaks to the quality of the products and customer service. It is also cheaper than anywhere because it’s straight from India no cute labels or marketing or any extras that you pay when you buy products from a grow store. Also Getting pure Neem is best because you don’t only get Azadirachtin you get all the other constituents from the Neem cake/oil that other companies take out. In India they have been using Neem for many years a lot a lot of years and they love it. They make Neem toothpaste Neem soap Neem everything look it up. You can find them at NeemResource.com. Some reports in India that are using Neem against COVID-19 because it’s anti bacterial. I would think that if it’s as some people have reported we would have people in India dropping like flies. But it makes sense that reports like that would come out when I can buy Neem and make a concentrated amount for way way I mean way cheaper than what they sell at shops and better quality. Monsanto and them come to mind. Also Farmbuck and everyone else Neem shouldn’t be sprayed during flower or Anything in my opinion, I’ve said many times I don’t care what the bottle says I’m not spraying anything on my flowers. I use Neem/Karanja cake in my soil mix that will take care of any nematodes,larvae, fungus etc. I Foliar spray once a week indoors only during veg. I choose cake over oil because the ppm is half of what the oil is so I feel more comfortable using cake. I have the oil but only for outdoors that will prevent WPM and anything else that shouldn’t be on my plant. I rotate weekly meaning next week I will spray lavender, the next some rosemary and so on sometimes I will mix the 2 or 3 point is to prevent. Always use Aloe Vera because the benefits are just too much not to use it. Wow I better stop writing now.

Comment

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                Cali would you mind posting your comment on my review page I linked to above? You mention mix the cake (not oil) in your soil. What amount are you using for say a 5 gallon fabric pot?

MrPNW i just put it on your link. Also my soil mix calls for 1 cup of Neem cake per cubic foot of soil. 1 cubic foot of soil equals about 7.2 gallons. I use the Clackamas Coot mix. Or you can do half cup Neem cake Half cup Karanja cake per cubic foot of soil that’s what I do.

Comment

• MrPNW
                MrPNW commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, this being my first grow I went with Black Gold OPS with Nature’s living soil. On my next mix I’d like to try the cake to see if I prevent these annoying gnats/larvae without the need to spray.

Farmbuck Glad you are feeling better, I would toss it and then dont use neem on flowers it does cause some folks problems just as you describe.

Comment

This is the one I bought from Amazon a few years ago. Like I was saying it could have been an allergic to the product since it was my first time using Neem.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• kingfish
                  kingfish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Farmbuck, where is that stuff made? I don't use Neem oil, because it makes the weed taste like shite.

kingfish most likely you didn’t use it properly or the quality of the Neem you used was of no quality? I use it in my soil and spray it(Neem Cake) and my buds taste good and smell sweet. Wonder what the problem is? Guess it’s just like everything else what works for some won’t work for others. Just glad Farmbuck is good.

Comment

• MrPNW
                  MrPNW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It all sounds decent, the only thing I noticed was the dosage was a little higher than in my Neem post. It does mention adding dish detergent as an emulsifier/surfactant for holding onto the plants. What detergent did you use? Maybe the culprit was something in that.

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well I guess that is my problem... Shit I forgot the detergent in my mix !! Or could it be Azadirachtin ? Anyway I'm gonna use something more safer from now on and NO spraying on my buds. I came close to end up at the hospital that night. Guess you learn no matter how old you are.

• MrPNW
                  MrPNW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do like Cali’s suggestion of using Neem cake mixed in the soil. That would prevent fungus flies from ever producing larvae in the first place. Also diatomaceous earth are like microscopic razors that shred the larvae skin, killing them, yet harmless to us.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X