Mos deficiencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Mos deficiencies

This grow has been a study in everything that can go wrong. First I wanted "super soil" but it was hard to find in Canada. I ended up with something labeled Super Soil but it only lasted six weeks on water only. When I looked deeper into the company who sells it- Blue Sky Organics, I found they actually advise using their supplements along with the soil. I spoke with their "master grower" and he's never heard of Subcool. Buyer beware. You can put the name "Super Soil" on any thing. That doesn't make it the same as the Subcool recipe. I intervened heavily with organic supplements like compost tea, worm castings, Cal Mag Plus, bone meal and stone powder top dress and it seemed to make a comeback. Then I got spider mites. yay! That seemed to get handled with safer soap, alcohol and finally Pure Crop 1. I'm now on week eight in flower mode and I'm being re-visited by deficiencies. Each plant, though the same strain, seems to have it's own type of symptom and nothing I've thrown at them seems to work. The buds still look fine but the fan leaves are almost all hurting. I did a Cal Mag Plus foliar spray a couple of days ago. I've since learned that may have been a mistake at this stage of flowering. Is that true? I'm also using Floralicious Bloom every time I water. I've been using Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster. (NPK 1.10.25), It has kelp and so does Floralicious but maybe I need more? One plant has upper leaves that are all yellow but they don't pull off. Is that a sulphur deficiency? Would gypsum be the answer for that? Another plant has burnt tips and edges and the top leaves are praying. Not sure what that means. I always check the ph and it's always around 6.6 to 6.9. I've also tried malted barley ground up and watered in with aloe vera. This strain - Maui Waui, is supposed to spend 9 - 11 weeks in flower so my harvest window is coming up soon. I've probably already reduced my yield but I'd like to minimize the damage if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Usually if you are chasing deficiencies, but none of the nutrients you are throwing at it have an effect, commonly that is an indicator that the root zone Ph may be off. If it is too high or too low, it will block nutrient uptake. So no matter how much you throw at it, there will be no effect. The Ph range you mention is a bit high, try bringing it down to about 6.2 Ph.

It is also not a good idea to do foliar sprays in flower. Whats done is done, but I wouldn't do that again. It can effect taste and create dangerous chemical reactions when residue is combusted and inhaled.

Comment

Spraying the buds can also cause bud rot!
      What I see here is a PH issue, which is the first thing to check on when any deficiencies show their ugly heads.
      Go to this page
      Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

follow the "read more" and read each one.

Comment

So week 8 of flowering only a few weeks to go on some looks like. What's your plan? If i had this grow i'd quit bloom feeds and stick with ph water and molasses only when dry. But that's me
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Crowdad
          Crowdad commented
          Editing a comment
          That's interesting. Do you mean I'm overfeeding? I believe I don't need to flush since it's all organic. Actually I just discovered some reviews of this strain on seed finder which tell me it could be ready as soon as Wednesday. That would be a 63 day flowering time if you're counting from the flip date.. I want to hold out until I see some amber. Maybe a week and a half?

Thanks folks. I'll try taking the ph down and no more spraying. I'm curious, when you are stuck with reviving a depleted organic soil, is it no longer the case that the ph is regulated by the soil itself? Is there some other amendment I could try which enhances these ph regulating qualities?
        4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Comment

wow - I'd say nutrient overload - or nutrient lock-out to be exact. I've gone the opposite way - as in - lesser nutrients the better.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X