Oh what fun, the finals - advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh what fun, the finals - advice?

The plants are naked and I have a pile of work to do. I cleaned up 2 stems, sticky fingers. Some tops/buds are worth trimming/drying on the rack, there are many smalls. What would you do with them? Rack dry and cure? Freeze wet trim and popcorn on cookie sheets then bag & freeze? What do you do with the sticky stems, any uses? I'm burned out but they're down, wet and waiting on me. Thanks.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

If the stems have trichomes and there are many little buds that I don't want to be bothered trimming, My best use for them is to make some bubble hash. If you don't have bubble bags, you can always, dry / cure them and then use it in butter for edibles.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I freeze it to bubble hash later? Or to make tincture later? I already have smalls curing but I'd rather vape oil than smoke bud - cough and convenience. I'm plugging along, the dogs needed to go out, but It's going to take a while.

I imagine you could freeze it, but if you have it dried and cured, leaving it in the jar until you are ready won't hurt any either. Just keep it in a cool dark place and you're set.

Comment

The cat looks like it may have ideas! The dogs are faking wanting out so the cat can raid the trim stash. 🏴‍☠️
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Catfish22 Cat raided my glass of clones, the last one was rooting, doing well, about to go into soil. He likes the sticks, stole the dillI I was drying for the seeds right off the kitchen wall, somehow. That bedroom was his 'sunroom' before the 12/12 flip. And yeah, the dang dogs do fake wanting to go out, for treats. It's a zoo.

Dry and freeze your trims until you are ready for hash making. That's what I usually do
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Farmbuck. I didn't want to buy more jar lids right now for popcorn, I already have enough smalls for coconut oil or butter if I want to make it. I have almost 3-4 weeks of curing into the tops of the 3 plants. I sure hope this weed lives up to my past, vast experience of buying it from the dispo. I love hash.

I filled the drying rack. Stole a screen from my kitchen sink crank-out window, filled it. I quit at 2 am, put the rest in a bucket with a little water, that's my job tomorrow (later today). My seeds arrived in Chicago on 12/18, they were in Indy on 12/19 until 12/23, now on their way somewhere, maybe St Louis, MO. I live in IL, 100 miles from Chicago, and a 4-hour drive from Indy. It's not Seedsman, it's the USPS's fault.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        BTDT, followed packages all over the place, they did eventually make it to me.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X