How much yield can I expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much yield can I expect

I originally misunderstood how many plants you can grow in a 4x4 tent, and now I only have two Amnesia Haze plants that are about a month old. ILGM says 21-25 oz per 3'x3' indoors for these seeds. I know that is optimal results, and probably not realistic, especially for my first grow. But, I was really hoping to at least achieve 50-75% of that.

Am I correct in thinking I can still get 3'x3' out of two plants, I just have to train it in veg longer? If not, what's a realistic expectation? Any advice? Thanks!

First grows is where all the learning happens 👍. I don’t know that plant strain or if you will do any plant training, but if you do some training on it and veg it out longer, you can get a decent size plant.
    As for yield...only time and effort will answer that.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Don't hold your breath. If you get three ounces per plant on your first grow, that would be a fantastic result. None of these estimates of yield put out by the seed companies are realistic..
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Sure i started with a 3x3 and still have it. 2 photos are perfect if that's what you got? Let them veg for 60days take good care of them but don't over do the food and water. Give them at least a 3gal pot more is better.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If you do it wrong, you can get a whole 3.5 oz from 6 plants....like me

It's not how many you can put in that tent. It's how many you can get out at the end. Tent size matters, but a whole bunch of other things matter a lot more.

A mind-boggling amount of change is going to take place before you'll get a single doob and will require a lot of intervention from you to get there.

If you read ahead in the tutorials, like read them before you need them, you will be more comfortable with your garden and more likely to spot things that need attention before they are a real issue.

I'm a new indoor gardener. 4th grow. The 3rd one lasted 4 weeks because my reality was not up to the task of making my fantasy happen, lol. My first one was 2 plants and they kept me busy. Better to practice on two than on 4...seriously.
          I have 30 years of experience growing everything else under the sun - except pot - and it has been a challenge to translate some of that to indoor container gardening.
          Best of luck to you!

Comment

I can’t say what all breeders use for their calculations for a meter squared but the ones I’ve seen that actually give a plant amount, they’re not talking about 1 or 2 grown out to cover the area, one I remember seeing was 16 plants for their 3x3.
            From one new grower to another, forget about an amount for your harvest. Just work on growing a good healthy plant and getting it to harvest. If you can do that you’ll be ahead of most first timers.

Comment

What light are you using?

Comment

When breeders say you can get X amount in a 3x3 space they’re talking about running a ScrOG and it completely filling the space out. Fewer plants means bigger plants and a longer veg to fill the space. I know starting out yield is a concern bc you want to grow some good weed and not have to buy it anymore. For that reason I recommend ScrOGng your first couple grows bc you’ll get greater overall yield snd better quality bud starting out. Once you get stocked up then venture out to other training techniques. Just know the wattage of your light will always be the #1 factor growing indoors. I’m not talking about that comparative BS LED manufacturers try to fool you with. Actual watts is what really matters. 1g of bud per actual watt is a good starting goal.

Comment

I scrogged my first grow, but only ended up with .3 g/watt. The biggest mistake I made was not defoliating enough and not removing bud sites that were not getting sufficient light. I recommend that you really pay attention to this in order to maximize yield.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X