• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalvis
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I’m aware of that. Thanks.

• Xena
    replied
    It’s not for growing but here’s what I did in my garage/shop. I had a 60amp 240v water heater that I scraped so I took the wire that went to it and put in a small sub panel with a 60a main and dropped in 4 15amp 120v breakers.
    One thing to check out before you get really deep into your setup, I don’t think 2 20a circuits will run that big of a grow. The AC/heat will probably pull one whole circuit and that’ll only leave you one for everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Smokesteve
    replied
    Yes matching the wire gauge and the outlets/switches to the current is of the utmost importance. Bigger wire is fine smaller is dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    Agree with the above. You can take a line from each braker and put a second single 20A breaker at The end of each line and put separate plugs for each line to use in each tent. Its not advanced chemistry either

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Try to find a local electchicken that you can trust. Screwing up on electrical can cost you your house and possibly your life.

Leave a comment:

• Sungazer
    replied
    You could do that but make sure you use cable (wire) that is rated to carry that current or more(better) the breakers are there to prevent the cable from overheating and causing fires.

Leave a comment:

• dalvis
    started a topic Electrical Help

Electrical Help

If there are any electricians in here I could really use some advice.

Im trying to use a shed to house multiple grows. The shed has electricity but is protected by a 20A breaker. As it stands it’s a struggle to run just 2 tents and I was hoping to expand to 4 eventually. The shed needs heat and AC and currently (no pun intended) it just isn’t feasible. Breaker has tripped multiple times and it’s just a headache.

The breaker box that the wire runs to I assume runs to the main box on the other side of the house. In this box there is a 40A dual breaker (20A x 20A). Is it possible for me to run 2 20A lines from my shed and connect it to this breaker? The breaker is labeled as “Attic Fan” but there isn’t one up there (old house) so it just seems like it’s an open line.

Is this a safe option? I don’t live in a friendly state so finding an electrician to come over is risky business and I’ve done minor electric work before (I know how to shut off power and check for live wires). But if it was safe it would be nice to split the shed’s power load. Any advice would be grateful.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X