The Power of Not Caring Anymore :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Power of Not Caring Anymore :)

A week or 2 ago I pulled the plug on this grow. Three didn't make it, one is back in the other tent waiting to do anything and this is what's left.

This post is about the autos that are yellow in pic #1

A number of complications arose, but the worst thing these plants had to deal with was me, lol.
    I didn't post this earlier because I didn't want help getting through it. I wanted to just get through it and then post the results.

You ever walk through a dusty part of town and see weeds sprouting in the sidewalk? What do they look like? Yep. Just like these.

In an abundance of caution trying not to over-water or over-feed, ever, I under-watered/fed every time I did it. That was happening the whole time the light and low humidity were trying very hard to destroy them.

On December 20, 2 days after the first picture was taken, I tried to fix everything else.
    All y'all that are gonna go at me for pH, that's all been checked, done and dusted. Going in, around 6.5-7, coming out slightly lower.
    These poor autos, aged 39 days today, were gonna die if I didn't do something - anything, so I prepared to flush them. Five gallons of FF wk 3 nutes at 25% ph'd to 6.5ish went on each 2-gallon container.
    At first the water ran through like a regular watering; normally I would call that 'watering to run-off". It took a long time to put the 5 gallons through. For a few minutes, the draining really slowed down, and then picked back up. Finished off with a gallon of week 5 nutrients at 50%. Run-off at 6.5. Testing a perfect healthy pee-yellow.

What didn't happen is they never got droopy and wilty like a freshly-flushed plant does.
    They didn't pout. They didn't blink.
    I've never watered to the point where draining slowed down, so I never realized I wasn't putting enough of anything on, ever.

The pics are hopefully in order, but you can see the transformation from 2 days before the flood to now, less than 3 full days after they were fed and watered the way they wanted.

Magic.

The day after I did the two autos, I brought the other 2 in and fixed them up as well; the auto in the upper right corner is transplanted to her final 2-gallon container, and the photo Critical Kush was lavished with TLC as well. Fortunately she is vegging and will recover just fine.

The water-boys haven't complained about hauling 10 gallons at a time. They know what side of the bong their buds are on, lol.

Wishing all a blessed Hump Day and any other kinda day that's happy.
    Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 12-23-2020, 01:31 PM. Reason: pulled the plug, not the pug LOL

You did a good job of fixing things there. Huge improvement, looking a lot better.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

I love how you fixed your own problem! They are looking much improved. Keep not giving a fuck. lol

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I will endeavor to keep fuck distribution to zero, LOL

I love learning from my mistakes!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        I like learning from other peoples mistakes more, lol.

You did excellent getting them looking healthy again.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        thanks, Gal. Hope springs eternal that I will figure it out, lol

Power of determination. Nice job fixing your girls.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Today

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        And there off and running...........good job looks great

such a difference. Getting better by the day

Comment

Nice work. After you reach a place where you know the plant well enough, it seems like the solutions to grow trouble just come intuitively. It helps too if your stash is healthy enough to survive losing a plant or two along the way.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Nice recovery green thumb!!!! Keep on not givin a fuck. Lol its workin!!
          4x8x8 indoor
          Viparspectra VA1200
          (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
          Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
          Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

8 days post flush for the two dark green ones. They were the color of that newly bunged-up one when they got the pH flush The New Chartreuse went the same way the other two did, so I gave it the same treatment. It is a week younger than the two that are now the right color.
            I am running out of ways to say, "It's the wrong color green."

Doing an experiment on the last one I saved from this grow, which really is shaping up to be a puzzle. The Violet Kush auto started growing again in the veg tent. It stalled badly and seems to have finally figured out what it's supposed to do, now that I've figured out what I'm supposed to do, lol.
            The experiment is what kind of recovery an auto will make if it stops growing before it starts flowering and loses time before it starts again. If I didn't already have a mother named Trufula, that's what I'd call that my Violet girl.
            Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 12-29-2020, 09:07 PM. Reason: I'm a dork :)

Comment

The Violet Kush auto experiment? Look! It's a mutant!
              Ms. Beauregard is growing nothing but 3-finger leaves.

Comment

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                My NLxBB was like that, it did grow a few 4 fingers but almost all were 3 until the day I cut her and started drying. I’m interested in what will happen with the other three I have left to plant.

I've seen a lot of people refer to 3 finger leave as "duck foot". Some strains grow that way naturally. I'll commonly see that if some one reveg's a plant.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                Editing a comment
                Since autos don't veg, it's weird for sure. The duckfoot leaves are cute. These are more velociraptor :P

• ChadWestport
                ChadWestport commented
                Editing a comment
                lol at velociraptor.

• AccidentalGardener
                Editing a comment
                ChadWestport, tis really a weird one! Next set of leaves is a 5-point...craziest thing. fingers crossed that it didn't lose too much time.

Not doing too bad for a grow that coded a couple times in December. The Velociraptor, um, Violet Kush auto is 45 days old, having hibernated due to my incompetence. It's the last one from the Yellow Grow. In pic #6, those are the survivors. The really green ones? They were yellow on Dec 20. The one with the couple yellow leaves was flushed on Dec 27 and is coming back nicely.
              Got a new exhaust system today - 6" fan and filter, I'm ready to stuff the 4x4 tent! Put the 4" fan/filter back on the 2x4x5 tent, so that one is now the photo-flowering room.
              Each plant has it's own bad tattoo
              Last edited by AccidentalGardener; 01-06-2021, 11:13 PM. Reason: I can't count.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey count this one grow on learning your new tent and lights. Next one will go better. That violet kush is a good looking plant but she's gonna get lonely in a few weeks.

• AccidentalGardener
                Editing a comment
                Lol alltatup if you have a lot of them, the bad ones don't stand out, LOL.

• AccidentalGardener
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal Violet, aka Ms Beauregard has 4 buddies next door waiting to be big enough! And there is another FBL in here tucked in a corner out of frame. And 2 photos that can't be in the 12/12 tent yet.

LOL OK did not remember you had 4 in the wings.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X