Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil Moisture Meters

Hi,

I see all kinds of moisture meters on Amazon. Some also measure pH. I don’t hear much mention of people using these on this forum. Does this mean they are not any good? Is anyone using one that they would recommend?

Thanks

I used one for a while, I was sticking it into a wet spot in the soil. I tossed it in the trash and started lifting the pots, if they be lite I water, if they be heavy I load another bowl.

Comment

RetiredGuy I have one but don't use it, not accurate at all. Waste of funds IMO

Comment

I use one regularly to check on watering. Seems to work well for that purpose. It has a pH function, but I don't use it.
        2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
        5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
        Fox Farm soil and nutes
        Rain water

Comment

I dont use one. Had one for my flower pots years ago but it really didn't work very well. I typically use the lift pot method and or stick my finger in the soil. Not as scientific as a cool gadget but effective.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I've bought a few that have the three metal prongs and will also tell you Ph and nutrient load on the swinging arm meter..... every one has been an inaccurate waste of money.

I think that you are better off using your eyes (leaf wilt), finger (touch soil) and hands (lift pot to determine if it needs water) to get the right amount of time to water.

Comment

Thanks everyone, you just saved me some money!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X