Ventilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation

Hi there you guys! Im new to this community, but i have a critical question and i need help asap.. i've quite a bit of experience growing outdoors. But im starting indoors today, so the tent is set, lighting, filtered extractor, the seeds have germinated so today im turning the lights on and put the plants in place, however theres a doubt i have, so my lighting set up has been chosen but i dont kbow what to do about ventilation, i mean, i got a couple fans, the carbon filtered extractor on one side and another smaller extractor just to feed the tent with fresh air, my doubt is : How Long Should i Keep My Ventilation system on a Day?? Thats my biggest concern, shiuld i do it at the same time as the lights are on and off when light are off... should i do it a few hours more than the lighting, should it be on 24/7? Now that is my dillema.. i hope someone can help me please......
    thank u ever so much

Welcome. I leave mine on 24/7. Always want fresh air and good circulation inside of the tent.

Comment

I also leave fans on 24/7. I feel it helps with humidity and pests

Comment

24/7 carbon filters clean more than just the smell, great job on getting it all set up and for having the foresight to think about ventilation. Make sure if ur pulling it over a cool tube or anything that the fan be outside the tent, you don’t want to put hot air overtop of your light that will defeat the purpose. I use a 6 inch inline 420cfm and a Cann air carbon filter over the cool tube on light and outside. Inside the tent I have a 4 inch inline and carbon filter taking it outside as well. One to cool the light the other to exchange the air in the tent, I leave a vent slot open so it’s passive intake inside the tent.

Comment

YESMAN Welcome to GWE.

Each setup has it’s own challenges, and those challenges change as the crop grows. As others have said, air flow in the tent is very important. Extraction is needed for removing heat and/or humidity from the grow space and to help bring in fresh air.

I only use the carbon filter when i have plants that are a couple of weeks into flower since that is when the stink really starts. (Carbon filter can reduce some airflow...but not by much...making the fan less efficient).

For my grow space, i use the extractor fan controlled by a humidity sensor. When my humidity reaches the tigger point, the fan comes on to exhaust the air and refresh the tent. When my plants are just little, the fan might only come on 3 or 4 times in an hour. Once the plants have been vegging for several weeks, the fan comes on a little more frequently. Currently, my fan comes on every 2-3 minutes for approx 2-3 minutes at a time since i have 4 mature plants in my tent. (See pic)

Your grow space and light choice will impact how you run your extractor fan.

Cheers
          YYC
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Yesman
            I use AC Infinity fan with the electronic temp humidity controller. Works fantastic.

Comment

My exhaust is triggered by temp controller. Can't have too much fresh air though.
              Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X