Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do my plants always smell so bad and not in a good way

hi growers

so im a small indoor grower and i have been growing indoors for about 3 years with a mix of different strains but the more i grow i notice one thing.

my grow cupboards in flower stink like a goat or like a musky old smell about week 6 flower regardless of strain or nutrients i use or medium .

if i touch the buds they smell nice and amazing not anything horrible ect

has anyone else noticed this when growing in a confined space even with good air flow

i added some photos of my last two grows so the buds are ok not moldy or anything wrong except nute burn/ heat stress

every grow i smell this horrible smell and i keep telling my self its just the strain and the next will smell sweet and not like a goat

after they are trimmed and cured they smell amazing and smoke nice. i just don't get it and its putting me off opening my cupboards for maintenance / watering mid to late flower

idk what do yous think

Good looking grow. I enjoy that dank smell myself. I just try not to have the tent open longer than needed so the rest of the house doesn’t smell like I’m growing weed

Comment

I think I know what causes that, but to be sure, you must send the entire grow to my lab for further testing!

Comment

Maybe an inside air purifier w Hepa or an ionizer maybe? I would think a negative ion generator would be ok, but I would double check before. I had a Sharp air filter w ionizer years ago and was awesome. Stinky goats sounds just wrong and unbearable. Good luck and nice grow!!
        4x8x8 indoor
        Viparspectra VA1200
        (2) GE 4' Flowering LED bars FF trio/Tiger Bloom/Happy Frog soil
        Intake fan/exhaust w 4" scrubber
        Alot of empty pickle jars and Led Zepp on repeat...

Peace, Love & Happy Harvesting

Comment

Hmm...curious to know where you vent the heat and moisture to. Does the stank go away as soon as you harvest? Or does the stank linger afterwards?
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

its sure odd to me but might just be out trichomes smell when not disturbed i have to vent in to the main room then a vent that room out the window

Comment

trichomes are looking ok though. i took a few shots today

Comment

I vent my tents straight outside and there’s no smell unless I leave the tents open for a extended period. If you walk around to the side of the house where the vent is on the outside is smells mighty dank when the girls get ripe but dissipates fairly quickly

Comment

Hey there Acology, not to change the subject but is that some sort of giant open fan that is half visible at the top of the last pic you posted? I love grow room design and am always interested in other people’s set up.

Comment

• Acology
                    Acology commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i use two 140mm computer fans to cool my lights and move air over the tops of my plants i prefer using them as of how low watts they are and still provide good air movement but i only grow in a 2.5x2ft space with a 6inch exhaust plus carbon filter

I'd look at trying to bring in more fresh air.
                  Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X