Need a little help getting back on track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help getting back on track

Moving from a closet grow to my shed with a new 4x4 alongside my current 2x4 (now my veg tent). I’m having a hell of a time with environmental control. The shed is 20x10ish with cinderblock walls and metal roof. I’ve been working on insulating the roof and filling any holes that might let in/out light however I’ve got 2 heaters and 3 humidifiers working overtime to keep up. Should I maybe look into getting space heaters for the tent themselves? IMO a humidifier in the tent makes no difference with the exhaust on but I’ve never used a 4x4 before (for sure). And lastly, I have one of those Inkbird humidity controllers and I’m about to give up with it. Have RH set to 50% +/- 5% and will walk in to find the humidity at 30% with the dehumidifier on. Literally killing my grow. Anyone with advice on this along with a recommendation on a humidity sensor I would greatly appreciate it.

Temperature seems to be under control however humidity is still a mess.

Comment

Welcome to the RH cluster F, we all have it.

Comment

• dalvis
        dalvis commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. Hate to hear it but glad to know I’m not the only one struggling. I’ve ordered an analog hygrometer and a calibration kit so no more guessing at accuracy. Figure getting an accurate baseline is the best first step and go from there.

Are they in veg? If so let the RH go up to 65%

Comment

• dalvis
        dalvis commented
        Editing a comment
        They are autos in flower. Trust me I’m trying.

On the humidity controller............. You have it set at 50% +/- 5%. The 5% you need to tighten up on the parameter. Set that to something like 1.5 or maybe 2.5, It will keep the RH more steady. Hope that helps.

Comment

• dalvis
        dalvis commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I agree. I was just thinking that I didn’t want the controller having to switch back between equipment too often. My problem is that the controller is “undamped” in that it brings the humidity level well outside of what I have it set for.

If the humidity fell outside of the zone and the controller was trying to correct it, I would understand. But seeing the dehumidifier on when you are well below the parameter is quite frustrating.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X