Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help on how to hang and keep my lights cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help on how to hang and keep my lights cool.

Last edited by Luisems; 01-02-2021, 05:35 PM.

The handle on top is where’d I’d attach something to hang it. Did the white fan come with it? Interesting setup

Comment

• Luisems
      Luisems commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Where I live this things aren't cheap, So I looked for the best cost benefit for me.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      I would hook some type of pulley to the handle then over the crossbar of the tent to hang it so you can raise and lower it easily. I’m guessing the two holes on one end of the mount is to secure the fan. Hopefully there mounting post on it or screws. Hard to tell from the pic. May have to get creative

• Luisems
      Luisems commented
      Editing a comment
      Creativity is the key I guess. But there is no mounting post on it. I'm gonna post a picture that I found on a way to solve this problem, but I'm not sure because looks like it limits the way I can mount my filter.

Zip ties are what I use to hook the ratchet pulleys to the crossmember of the tent.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Luisems
      Luisems commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that's the way. I'm just not really sure where to find those to buy, but I'll look to buy

• Anansi
      Anansi commented
      Editing a comment
      The traditional light hanger is called an adjustable rope hanger. Search for them on Amazon. They're about $5 a pair.

Replying to bboyfromwayback. It was mount directly on the top hole and secure with tape

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      bboy is right. Setup everything and test drive the system for a day or two to measure exactly how much heat you have to deal with, and what’s the best locations for hardware. Better to learn early than to kill your precious plants as they are starting out. 👍

• Luisems
      Luisems commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll try and see what I'm getting, but also I should expect to be hotter once the plants are in de tent, right? Só I should aim for a temperature below de ideal?

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Temp will mostly be the same...BUT...humidity issues increase as the plants get bigger and more lush. Remember that air-pumps and fans will add a wee bit of heat in the tent as well. It’s minimal in larger spaces, but you’re growing in a smaller space and might need to take that into account as well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X