Balance ph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance ph

Hello, i was wondering if i am supposed to gently tilt the bottle back and forth after adding ph down to mix it with the nutes and water, or should i just let the bottle stand and ad the ph drops until i am within the right range? Have a great weekend!

Regards Sessan

I don’t use ph down, I use citric acid and I put it in, put the lid on my water bottle, shake the crap out of it, take lid off and let set for a while (probably about an hour) and then check it again.

Comment

Hi Sessan I give mine a gentle shake after adding ph down also remember to add your nutes first before checking your PH

Comment

I typed a few smartass responses to such a dumb question then I decided to be nice. Add your nutrients then shake the shit out if it, it’s not a damn baby. Then check your ph and adjust as needed. If you are only using water then check your ph, add ph down or up depending on your readings then shake the shit out of it because it’s not a damn baby.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL I need that! Almost felt bad but I did give proper instructions and it’s too early

• Driller
          Driller commented
          Editing a comment
          you could have just not commented if your ego is getting a little much for you

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          No ego snowflake. Just a dumb question

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
        I typed a few smartass responses to such a dumb question then I decided to be nice. Add your nutrients then shake the shit out if it, it’s not a damn baby. Then check your ph and adjust as needed. If you are only using water then check your ph, add ph down or up depending on your readings then shake the shit out of it because it’s not a damn baby.
        There are no dumb questions The reason i was a bit unsure was because i read that if you shake the bottle oxygen will raise the ph-level or something again. But then i know, i will shake the bottle like my life depended on it! Thank you for all the answers

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          IDK I read something like that too when I started, that’s why I shake mine and let it set a while. I have no idea if it’s needed or not but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t hurt anything.

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          I meant no ill intent and I do remember my teachers telling us that while we all laughed so I did try lol

Being serious here bc helping others is what this site is all about. After I shake the shit out of my mixture, I immediately remove the lip to allow the oxygen to dissipate and let it rest about a minute before checking the ph bc you are correct, if you check the ph immediately after shaking the shit out of it your ph will be higher until everything settles down 👍🏻 Welcome to the forum btw, next time tell me to stfu snd be serious with my answer lol

• Sessan
          Sessan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You : )

Howdy Sessan, I mix up my nutrients a little different than most. I first get the water pH down to 6.0 (or very close to) and the add the nutrients and supplements into one gallon jug (I use old, but clean, milk jugs). Then I check the pH and bring it back to 6.0 using pH Down. I have been doing it this way for several grows now as I am using dry nutrients (GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom) and they dissolve better in the slightly acidic lower pH range, 6.0 as to out of the tap at 7.0. When I feed, I pour in the nutrient mix and five more gallons of already pH'ed water to fill the reservoir. As the plant's root ball gets larger, the amount of water needed to top off the reservoir is reduced and by adding plain (pH'ed to 6.0) after the nutrient mix, I do not waste any of the nutrients by mixing up six individual gallons of mix.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
          I don’t use ph down, I use citric acid and I put it in, put the lid on my water bottle, shake the crap out of it, take lid off and let set for a while (probably about an hour) and then check it again.
          I use citric acid, too.

Comment

Or better yet quit trying to intervene on everything for the plant wonder how much Mother Earth shakes her PH bottles to maintain ph balance in lands full of trees. Lol. Just had to for fun. But seriously sometimes it’s better not to try to re invent the wheel. Lol

Comment

• Sessan
              Sessan commented
              Editing a comment
              Im in love

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Here in OK we shake the ground about 300 times a day very gently. And once in a while shake the hell out of it.

Ok, i have a new question since my plants are showing signs from ph fluctuations. I put all my nutes in the water and mix it, i then let it sit for a while before i add the ph-down. After ph-down is added I'm within the range of 6.4-6.7 but since my plants are showing that something is wrong i checked the ph again in the same bottle that was 6.5. It was now under 6.0. The bottle has been standing for 2-3 days since my first measure, so my question is- does the ph in the water drop more after each day? Hope it made sense

Comment

What is your PH down? Some drift faster than others.

Comment

• Sessan
                Sessan commented
                Editing a comment
                I figured out the problem, when i added my nutes for veg i needed ph down. So i figured it was the same for bloom, but after i added the nutes for bloom the ph went way down instead so i now need to add ph up instead. Problem solved, just hope they didn't lose to many leaves

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X