First grow-Nutrient mishap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow-Nutrient mishap.

First grow. Hello all. I fell into this new world, VIA YouTube, but sure wish I had found the site FIRST, because what I have learned over the last week reading this site has taught me more than a thousand videos. Anyway, here is what we have:
    Tent: 2x4x5
    Light: Mars hydro T S L 2000W led at 50% power
    nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Micro/ Grow/Bloom, Cal-Mag Plus, Great White, Clonex
    Soil started Happy Frog now Ocean Forrest
    Seeds Photos 2 each: Bruce Banner, OG Kush

Planted 10/27 Seeds germinated with 4-5 days. After they popped we moved them into a Jiffy Peat Pot, which you will see in the pictures. This is where the trouble began because I believe these did not hold water at all, because the next day they were dry, but we were so scared to over water, so we held off. This began a bad trend we picked up from you tube. One particular person stresses: "leave them alone, Don't over water them!, Don't over feed them!" We were so overwhelmed with some many different and conflicting opinions on feeding, watering, etc that we got so sidetracked that I believe we were under watering and only giving 2ml of Cal Mag then straight distilled, no nutrients. We moved out of the jiffy pot, to a plastic cottage cheese container, and they temporarily did bounce Back I believe due to a small (2ml) Cal Mag, Great White and extra soil added to the container change, then when those nutrients were gone, they started to shows signs of yellowing and very small leaves.Growth seemed stunned, very small leaves, and pulling nitrogen from lower leaves to top. Overall color is lime green. I found GWE site and learned everything we are doing wrong.!
    Last Friday 12/11 to the 3 gal pots, fresh Ocean Forrest, and gave them full feeding of CalMag and 3ml of All Nutrients. Checked PH run off was You will see the new pictures today.
    We feel they are still lacking Nitrogen so when do you think when should we feed again, and how much? Do you guys think they will survive and give us a harvest?
    Last edited by Dbdigger; 12-16-2020, 03:59 PM.
    Soil grower FF
    Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
    2x4 tent
    GH trio

Man you did a great recovery on these for real Yes these are great looking now that soil has some nutrients in it right should feed for a few weeks with just water? If not go ahead and start 1/2 amount of manufacture recommends see how they react after few days then go full strength is what i'd do. Do not be afraid to water till it runs out the bottom like 20-30% of the water you give it does this make sense?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Man you did a great recovery on these for real Yes these are great looking now that soil has some nutrients in it right should feed for a few weeks with just water? If not go ahead and start 1/2 amount of manufacture recommends see how they react after few days then go full strength is what i'd do. Do not be afraid to water till it runs out the bottom like 20-30% of the water you give it does this make sense?
      Thank you for the input! But they are still getting some yellow veining, will it hurt to do another light feeding of Flora Micro 5-0-1 plus the Cal Mag or just do the Cal Mag for the next watering? We don't want to over do it now that we have gotten them back on the right track 😎
      Yes on the 20-30% run off! This site has taught how we needed to be watering correctly.
      Soil grower FF
      Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
      2x4 tent
      GH trio

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i would give 5-0-1. If it says give the cal mag along with the flora micro i would give it. I don't use these suppliments like cal mag as i got well water. If i see yellowing on leaf throughout the plant with purple stems real skinny it's sick has Ph issue. I will flush with water & epsom salts 1 big tablespoon per gal and i run it through a 3-5gal. soil pot.

It’s a delicate balance, different stages require different feeding intervals and nutes. When my seedlings are young it is just PH balanced water, then we move onto micro, cal mag and grow.
      I water them and let it drain out the bottom then I leave them until the top of the soil is dry I’m on auto pilot so if the top is dry but I’m not sure I try to pick it up a little to feel for weight.
      Once we are in full on bud mode I’m on a every 3 day feed and I use nutes the whole way through up until the flush then it’s back to ph water. Should also let you know I’m using a pro mix soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X