number of plans can I grow in a Tub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

number of plans can I grow in a Tub?

How many plans can I grow in a 10gal tub.... 5gal water.
    I think the answer is one... but have a LED light Viperspectra 450w
    I think the light could do 2-3 plants ... thoughts also on that.

If that's all you got to grow in how do we change your mind?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I know nothing about hydro.
      Is your light a v450 or something else? The v450 covers 2x2 in flower so if that’s the one you have I’d say use for one good sized plant.

Comment

A lot of hydro growers grow single plants in 5 gal buckets. Not sure why you have only 5 gal water with a 10 gal tub. If you can’t add more water, I would stick to a single plant.

Comment

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          In the 10 gallon totes I have the basket hanging down into the tote which makes getting much more than 6 gallons in them with out the solution touching bottom of basket or allowing air to get to roots. In a 5 gallon bucket I couldn't see much over 3 gallons of solution in them hopefully one of our members who uses buckets will chime in with maximum quantity of solution they can fill to.

I have 9, 10 gallon totes. I have lids for them with 1, 2 or 6 holes in them for baskets. The 6 hole lid is only for plants in their early stages once they start to intermingle I move the baskets into either a 1 or 2 hole lid. Doing it this way cuts back on work that needs to be done early on. Two plants in a 10 gallon tote would be the max I would try to grow through to flower. The picture I included shows 3, 10 gallon totes each with 2 plants in them. I also have 18 gallon totes and grew 4 plants from clones in them.

Comment

Thanks 4 all the comments.
          I used 5gal water in 10gal from groweazy video... but, I may be able to add one more gal and have about an inch to the bottom of the basket.
          I think the 2'x2' flowering area comment is corect...
          and this is my First grow.... 8-)
          Currently I have 3 little seedlings poping up.....
          So sounds like... I should only grow one..?
          also first time controling PH and Nutrients... so... one plant with 5gal water will be EZ'er to control ..(?)
          Its Just going to kill me to eiminate 2 ... no pain... no gain.?

Comment

• Poppa
            Poppa commented
            Editing a comment
            I say grow all 3 for now if you can set them in separate baskets. That gives you time since they are already sprouted to decide if you want more than one plant it also allows you to pick the healthiest one or two to grow to harvest. My first grow 5 of 6 bag seeds germinated three where male of the 2 ladies 1 was doing 3 to 4 times better at 7 weeks so kept it to learn the flowering phase. I do 2 plants in a 10 gallon tote using 4 gallons max in veg and top off when it drops to 3 gallons. I use 6 gallons max in flower and top off when it drops to 5 gallons. Your 2 x 2 area is only thing I see limiting you to 1 plant through to flower. If your able to increase it to 2 x 3 what I basically have x3 you can do 2 plants in 1 tote easily.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X