Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question

Hello, just looking for any advise. I have a green gelato auto nearly 11 weeks old under a spider farmer sf1000. All good until the last few days where I'm seeing a slowdown in trichrome development and a little bit of foxtailing starting. Temps are on the low side but fluctuate up and down all day but not much I can do about this due to my setup. However in this case I feel I had my led light a little too close so have moved it back and belive this may have been thr cause

I'm asking because the last time I had foxtailing it was a bit of a run away train and just kept going once started (saying that, it was a temp issue last time that I could not correct). So just wondering should i chop or wait a bit. Trichrom and kind of ruined things. Trichromes are about 50/50 clear and cloudy. No Amber's yet.

So essentially I am asking do people think damage has been done and chop soon or let it ride out for a while.

i would try a good flush with plain water and reduce the hours of light juuuuust to see if it helps for a few days and the plant start to ripen, otherwise you could place into complete darkness for a couple of days maybe thatll do the trick, dont grow autos but chances are the plant will react to light change, hormones and stuff, as well as other stresses, hurting the main branch seems to do the job for many people

Comment

Don't chop too soon - no damage has been done. I find this to be very normal with almost all my autos once they get very near to the end - that little bit of foxtailing I call "Last gasp stretch" - and it generally happens to all the buds.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ok thanks. Happened to me last time to i left it go and ended up ruining the whole plant. A lot of good looking bud ended up mutating into a larfy mess, horrible! So when this happens for you, do you see a slowdown in development of the existing trichromes? Kind of what I'm seeing, its like once the foxtails begin the rest of the plant pauses, and last time at least never got going again.

Thanks for the advice nineleaf. I can't argue either way but thought the autos don't react the same way to changing the light. Will try a flush too though just in case.

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          They don't slow down cuz they are just about done.

I'm basing my comment on the tricromes. I only have two grows to go off but in each case they seemed to stop turning cloudy once the foxtails begin and just kind of get stuck in that state. For my first grow I let it ride, they never completed turning cloudy and eventually began to degrade, while the foxtails and or heat stress made a mess out of the plant.

Different this time though as no high temps, so think I have been able to eliminate the root cause by just moving my light back.

I'm basing my opinions on very limited data so admit I could be way off the mark.

Just wondering if you had observed the same but it appears not and yours completed normally (in terms of trichromes) even with the foxtailing. So hopefully i will see the same this time. Thanks!

Comment

Too close to light. You gave it more room, let's see how it grows.

Comment

Agreed, I'm just afraid of a run away train effect. If going downhill ill just chop. Thanks

Comment

Foxtailing seems to be halted from what I can see. Just hope they finish out well now. Can anyone give me a take on pics below regarding being ready or not (I'm really bad at this part!)

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X