Soil pH problem please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil pH problem please help!

Hey guys! First time grower here. I’m growing in soil and there’s a pH problem I can’t get rid of. Soil pH has been too high which caused me all sorts of problems. Slow grow, leaves curled up, bronze stains, yellow lower leaves, weak new leaves tearing themselves apart, cork-like stem, you name it.

I’ve been trying to fix this now by watering my plants with low pH water but when I measure pH of the runoff, it doesn’t seem to change at all. Last time I watered them a few days ago with 5.5 pH water, runoff pH was from 7 to 7.6. Today I watered them again, this time with 4 pH water but the runoff showed the same number, from 7 to 7.6. Is that normal? How much time does it for the soil to normalize pH levels? I don’t think I should water them with <5.5 pH water anyway. Or should I? Please help! Thanks!

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Why Flush Cannabis in the First Place? Which growers should flush? How to prevent the need to flush How to Flush a Sick Marijuana Plant (without harming it) How to Fix Incorrect pH Without Flushing

Give that a go. I personally don’t check runoff ph. I would follow these instructions exactly as written. You should be back on track after a couple waterings.

Comment

• Holden90
      Holden90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, ph test your water source, if it's around 7 then allgood to flush with or maybe you need to get some distilled water to remove hard water particles from your soil

What are you using for ph-?
    HLG 100 4K quantum board
    2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
    ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
    🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
    4 Autopots per tent.
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🎪🌲🌲🌲🌲
    CANNA Terra professional medium
    CalMag =0.4 EC
    Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
    = 😀

Comment

Your plants will get nutrient lockout if you persist in keeping your ph going in that low - I grow in soil for 6 years and have never tested my soil or runoff pH.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

On my first grow, I mixed an assortment of leftover flower bed soils, most of which were a few years old. BIG mistake. I had all sorts of problems - mites, gnats, pH problems. Never did completely solve the pH problem. It was a miracle of evolution that I got any yield at all. Since then, I've used fresh store-bought potting soil (my go to is Fox Farm Ocean Forest) and rain water for each grow. No more problems with pH or pests. I don't even check pH anymore - it was always 6.5.

isetmyweedonfire it took me about 4 grows before I really starting getting close to the results I wanted. Each grow got better, but I still made mistakes (learning opportunities). The GWE website is plethora of great information (I couldn't have gotten by without it), but experience is still the best teacher. Good luck on your first grow. The second one will be better.
        2'X4' Nursery tent with Mars Hydro SP150 LED
        5'X5' Grow tent with 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 LEDs
        Fox Farm soil and nutes
        Rain water

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
          https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing-sick-cannabis

Give that a go. I personally don’t check runoff ph. I would follow these instructions exactly as written. You should be back on track after a couple waterings.
          Thanks man, will try that

Comment

Originally posted by Holden90 View Post
            What are you using for ph-?
            A store-bought pH down solution

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
              Your plants will get nutrient lockout if you persist in keeping your ph going in that low - I grow in soil for 6 years and have never tested my soil or runoff pH.
              Yeah I figured as much, just wanted to be sure!

Comment

Hope you get it sorted mate. Overthinking is a growers bane, observation and patience are golden rules..... finally, less is more some times.
                HLG 100 4K quantum board
                2 x ES300 V3 4x4x8
                ES300 + ES180 4x4x8
                🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
                4 Autopots per tent.
                🪴🪴🪴🪴🎪🌲🌲🌲🌲
                CANNA Terra professional medium
                CalMag =0.4 EC
                Terra Flores, Terra Vega + Rhizotonic, cannazyme, CannaBoost, canna PK
                = 😀

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X