Need flowering defoiliation advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need flowering defoiliation advice

My plants are on week 2 of flowering. About 3 weeks since the switch to 12/12 so if I understand everything right its time for the last major defoiliation. This plant has been one of my more robust plants and had a thick canopy above the screen. Ive removed a good pile of leaves from her, part of me says she needs more removed but im worried about stunting her.

So what say the more experienced growers? Too little, too much, or just right as she is? And of course any other experienced advice that might help me improve my yield is welcome =D

First photo before I started, rest are as she is now. If it matters at all they are in soil, with a scrog screen theyve been trained to grow in and around, under a 300w led light.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matriumcauthon; 12-13-2020, 06:33 PM.
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Hard to tell from pics if it’s enough. The idea is to create light pathways to reach deeper into the bush to the lower buds. The large fan leaves that you left around the bottom should come off, but wait a day or two since you just traumatized her.
    If she’s a bit droopy for a day, then its a sign you might have taken too much in one session, but she should bounce back to normal on day 2.

I prefer to do my plucking in smaller stages with 3 or 4 days recovery in between.

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Flowering starts when you flip to 12/12 . The plant is perfect like it is. Dont remove leaves. Thats My opinión ir you want to lollypop The lower foliage thats fine but defoliation will only hurt yield in your situation

Comment

I have stunted some plants by defoliating before they're done stretching; I don't think there's anything to stunt after 3 weeks.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

This will seem self evident, but it helps me. When defoliating I have the plant on a table where I can peer under it. I can see the canopy from the bottom and this gives me a start in defoliation.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X