Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male or female

Hi,

I took some seeds from my Swazi Gold (female) and now it grew up to a new plant. But is looks like it is a male plant? Can someone confirm? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Male for sure
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

2nd that diagnosis it's a boy
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

That sucks... should I throw it away or can you use it for something? It has grown quite high over the past few months... what a waste of time =(

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well it won't get you high like a female, will give you headache.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll second that headache! Might make a salve from it.

Ok, not worth it then... but perhaps keep the seeds and get new females?

Comment

Unless you have a female, there will be no seeds, the seeds would be on her. You may try to save the pollen and use that on a female. This will produce male and female plants from the seed.

Comment

WOW a baby boy !!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Them be balls boy.

Comment

Thanks for your replay. Months of growing for nothing... now I will miss the flowering season =(

Can you not somehow pick up early if it is female or male? Growing from seeds seems like high risk =) I will buy a plant next time so I know what it is

Comment

When you buy seed get feminized seed so all you get is females (ok there is the chance of hermies). Without very costly genetic testing you cannot tell until the preflowers form (at around 5+ weeks). Sometimes you can pick the male from its growth as they get taller faster (with more stretch between nodes and go single node faster) than the heavier setting females. Bag seed is pot luck you get what you get, sometimes it works out, sometimes they are boys or hermies. A lot of time and money to invest in not a crop, bag seed can be a good learning tool, or just a fun grow (when you have plenty of weed). I myself dont recommend bag seed unless you do not need the weed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X