Low humidity causing weird problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low humidity causing weird problems?

So early veg, everything has been going great up until the last few weeks ish. When it started to get dry in Oklahoma I noticed some extreme problems with my plants. I’m from Illinois and moved around More wet areas generally, so using a humidifier was never needed for me. But I and some others thought this was a nutrient lockout or burn of some sort, but there’s really no signs of burn on the plants. Just this extremely weird growth. The tops are extremely tiny, and curl and stick straight up at the lights primarily towards the end of the light cycle that day.. I just wanted a second opinion on this because like I said something like this has never happened to me..
    I’m running a 315w cmh and a 200 watt led for veg currently.
    promix bx
    athena nutrients
    power si
    5.8 ph, 650 ppm fed every other water, clean ro water every other water.
    78-82 degrees and 30-35 percent humidity.
    I was told by someone more experienced than me that the low humidity is what’s causing it, and that because of the vpd chart basically my plants are just drying out quick. Does this seem to be the correct assessment?? I’ve never had plants look this bad and am embarrassed to post this lol. Thanks y’all.

Also, is there any other way other than adding a humidifier (will be here tomorrow) that I can do to help them recover ? I’ve just been feeding clean ro water since problems started.

Comment

I can’t tell if its a humidity issue, but to add extra moisture to the tent you can put a tray of water in there and add a fan to blow gently across it. Or wet some towels and hang in the tent.

Cheers
      YYC
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I hang a towel over a clean right-side up planter in a tray so it wicks water from the tray. A small fan will evaporate it from the towel quickly, almost immediately, and you just add water to the tray.

I am in OK too, RH has dropped to ~40% in the grow, I would like it a bit higher but its livable.
      The leaves reaching to the light is 100% normal.
      First thing I look for with twisted growth is bugs using at least a 30x zoom lens. They do look a bit heat stressed (tacoing leaves) so whats the temp running? Are they intended freaks, like freakshow?
      5.8 PH are you hydro? If soil raise that to 6.5.

Comment

Your VPD is definitely in the too high zone. My understanding that this causes the plants to drink more, therefore lower feed concentrations should be used.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that it is a humidity problem. I am constantly running in the 20 - 30 percent range and I don't see that in my grow. If you are growing in soil, I would check my PH first. It needs to be between 6 and 7 not 5.8.

Comment

Yeah my humidity barely ever even hits 40% anymore.
            usually in 35-39% humidity for me, and my autos dont really care so far.
            4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
            1x Slapz
            1x Quikz
            2x red runtz
            1x flo-see
            1x 2B blunt
            1x persian pie

Comment

That’s what I thought too, but ph and ppm are all in check. 5.8 ph in promix which is a soiless medium, temp never gets over 83 so I don’t think it’s heat stress either.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X