Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BudzPow
    replied
    Thanks YYC, I will keep an eye on them. Yea I'm trying to get through my first grow, and while I've read on CO2 I won't think I will be adding it anytime soon ^^.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    replied
    Howdy, BudzPow 🙂. Welcome to GWE.

Your temps are only a hair warm but nothing that’s going to be a big issue. Having the 10 degree difference during lights out is great for the girls.

As for having too much lighting...the answer is yes and no. Yes: the leaves will claw in agony and writhe with pain from too much light, and you have excess heat issues to deal with. Now the NO part...if a grower supplements CO2 into the grow space, the plants will be more accepting of more and more photons of light. This is something usually outside the prospects of new growers but can be done. Photons are food...there is a balance between “I’m hungry” and “I ate so much I’m going to puke”. 😂 Keep a close eye on them...they’ll tell you if the light is too much for them.

Cheers
    YYC

Leave a comment:

• Temperature and Light question from a first time grower

Hey All,
    My plants are in the veg state. Got them as clones, battled some spider mites and fungus gnats, which I am keeping under control thanks to this wonderful website but onto my question!

My temperature seems to be stable at 75-78 during lights on and 65ish with lights off. I have 3 different thermometers in the tent at 3 different levels. The one thermometer I have hanging by the canopy reads typically 80-83. I purchased an A/C but for my 4x2 tent it was just to strong. I just got my intake fan so I'm hoping that helps me with a few degrees difference. The other thermometers, 1 half way up the canopy and 1 on top of the substrate both read 75-78 so I'm wondering if the temperatures will be to much once I flip to flower?

2nd question, is there such a thing as to much lighting? I purchased a tent that came with a SF2000 which is rated to enough for the tent size. I have 4 ladies in there that are filling the 4x2 really well so I added a second SF2000 and I like much better how much light each of the ladies are getting but I don't know if there is a down side to it other than the extra heat.

Thanks all!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X