Seed germination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed germination

Any in depth knowlege please on the first 2 days of germination. For example, i put my seeds into a glass of room temp tap water and wait 24 to 32 hours max and within that time the seeds will drop to the bottom of the glass, but too long in the water can drown the seeds. This is the information written on grow weed easy website.
    firstly I have never had seeds drop to the bottom of the glass on there own so i prod them every hour or so untill they stay submerged, however do I then leave them submerged for 24hrs or will i drown them?
    Ive spent a fortune trying to get a consistant germination rate, maybe 1 out of 10 will produce a tap root, i cant help but think the seedbanks are sending old stock.
    Ive tried using ph’ed germination water thats been airated, cold, hot, tepid u name it ive tried it.
    if anyone can tell me there processes including a rough timelapse of seed to paper towel that would be great.

Old seeds should still work - I put mine in water for 18 hours - I've never had any that sank to the bottom - then onto a moistened paper towel which I fold in half and don't cover it - it's sitting on a small plate which is on top of my freezer cuz it's warm. After tap roots come out I plant.

Last purchase of seeds from Farmers Lab Seeds has been 100% germination - not only that but their tap roots come out in the paper towel in under 24 hours - fastest thatcame up was 6 hours. Kid you - not - I only grow autoflowers.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Scarifying my help. But I have a problem with seeds sent that havent germinated anyway I try it which is white rhino 1 out of 20 germinated and the seedling died wouldnt grow . So its old dried seeds I am sure.

Comment

Thanks for reply, im probably overthinking it too much, i know it will be veried bcos of straine and how old the seeds are which is a guessing game when it comes too age.

Comment

Pretty new but this last time....germ 2 seeds, 2 sprout. I soaked in warm distilled water for about 18 hours then planted seeds a little over a quarter inch deep and kept moist (small splash of PHed water every 12 hours or so). Put into dirt Monday night and had one up Thursday night and the other up Friday morning.

Side note...if you have store bought seeds check the packaging, I have some that say when the seeds were grown.

Comment

Ive been putting mine in a small glass of ph'd water on a seedling mat to help keep it warm. Then I use a plastic golf tee to hold it under water. Usually with in 24 hrs theyre cracked and you can see the white taproot . then directly into pot. crack downward.
            If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

I place them in cup of distilled water and place in drawer, come back like 8-12 hours later and sink them. I usually leave them in the cup until I see they’ve cracked(not very long). Then I go to the traditional paper towel method for until they have a good size tail on them. Only time I’ve ever had a problem with germination has been my own fault, usually due to neglect like letting the paper towel dry out ect

Comment

3days is the longest i've let the seed germinate in a wet towel & baggy. If it's not warm enough they don't germinate.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Also I forgot to mention all my suppliers guarantee 80% germination. If you follow their directions to a t, it’s not that hard really. Then they will replace the seeds. I’ve had them send me the wrong strain and replaced them for free didn’t even want a picture, ive never tried to get them replaced on germination complaint so not sure what kind of proof they will want.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X