No announcement yet.

Trichome color, maturity and potency!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited a few more days. Here’s what the Purple Haze I’m putting in the dark once the lights go off looks like now. My phone doesn’t take good closeups but looking through a scope they’re mostly white, plastic looking with maybe 10% amber on the buds and over 50% amber on the sugar leaves. The other one I’ll let go until the buds are 50% amber.

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
      I waited a few more days. Here’s what the Purple Haze I’m putting in the dark once the lights go off looks like now. My phone doesn’t take good closeups but looking through a scope they’re mostly white, plastic looking with maybe 10% amber on the buds and over 50% amber on the sugar leaves. The other one I’ll let go until the buds are 50% amber.
      Nice and frosty looking.
      That's one of my next areas to improve. Not just resin maturity and potency but also resin production.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I grow in my basement and always get the best looking buds in the winter. Temps and humidity stay low makes the perfect environment.

that Frenchy Canoli article was great...i understand where the options came from now and think i understand what they mean...trichs can be amber and not necessarily opaque...clear is totally clear and translucent is partially clear...i think...anyway, thanks for sharing that article!!

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you enjoyed the article as I did. As for explaining things. There is a reason I was never a teacher. lol.

I vote 80% clear, 20% milky, 0% amber. Unless you want a sleep aid then go for amber.

Comment

I'm still searching for a strain called "couch velcro". Let there be amber.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Anything with Hindu Kush is very sedative. I currently have a Purple Kush curing, can’t wait to try her out. Excellent before bed smoke

Hers what Purple Haze #2 looks like. She’s going in the closet once the lights go off tomorrow morning. She’s a good 50% amber now and I’m sure she’ll be more so by the time I harvest. In about a month I’ll post the thc results per high grade once validated by my own smoke test results
        Attached Files

Comment

This one has been in a jar 10days, decided to try her out. Measuring 18% THC per HighGrade. I’ll do a side by side grading followed by a wake and bake smoke test on consecutive days in a few weeks. Want to see what the fuss is about though, I’ve jammed Hendrix too many times to not try his favorite strain

Comment

Purple Haze #1 was harvested December the 15th, #2 on the 22nd. I’ll test them again in a few more weeks with the app but the fun testing will begin around 7ish tomorrow morning with #1 followed with sample 2 on Sunday. Plus it’s playoff games all weekend. I’ll have a few others to test it out with and see what they think. Nobody knows I grow weed so it’s fun to see how they like it.

Whenever I use this app, I always do the test 3 times and all 3 test with both plants were 17% every time tonight. On the 28th I tested #1 at 19%, 17% then 18% so I kept the one in the middle.

Comment

I think all this experiment will tell us is if the developers of the HiGrade app read the article or not. ;-) Which would certainly be good to know - especially if you use their services - but I for one am looking forward to your smoke test results.
              5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
              2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
              150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
              Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
              1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
              2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Comment

Unfortunately I can't vote on this since this is my first grow. This topic is timely for me since I will be harvesting soon. I'm simply gonna lurk here and hope to learn something!
                Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
                Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
                Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
                Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X