First harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First harvest

OK, finally harvest time is here. Here are some pics and I'd like to get some last minute input before I do the chop.
    I'm a bit disappointed in the size of the buds but I'll put it down to an over watering issue early on which caused some stunted growth. Also, I don't have access to the 'off the shelf' products that some do.
    The pistils are about 50% turned brown but I can't get a better view of the trychomes than max zoom on my phone camera. I don't have anything else to get a better close up. They still look clear to me and, according to the growing guide, they should be turning amber so, should I wait a little longer?

What week of flower are you in??? I got 3 that are 4 weeks into flower and are more dense than these! Still have a few more weeks to go it looks to me! The last 2 weeks will put tremendous bud structure in them! 90% You could turn a oz total harvest into a quarter pound within a couple weeks

Comment

She is in week 6 of flowering.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It could use more time

• Senters93
        Senters93 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you havent chopped her yet

• Wolfe0420
        Wolfe0420 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can’t trust the pistils, 6 weeks is very premature I say this not knowing your strain. From my previous years of experience growing if the supplier says 8 weeks add 2

It could use more light in my opinion. Are you growing in soil? If you want to try coco instead I can help you make your own nutrients using basic salts and it’s way cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
        If you want to try coco instead I can help you make your own nutrients using basic salts and it’s way cheaper
        I am planning on trying coco and perlite next time. I used GH trio in pro-mix the first time. It would be way cheaper if they didn't put so much water in it. If you know how to make this from basic materials I would be interested. Please share. Ty.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I am growing in potting compost which I added some perlite to and topped up the nutrients during veg. In the flowering stage I used some orchid flowering supplement (I read a recommendation for it somewhere) and my light is a 600W LED drawing about 130W. Where I live I have to get everything from either the local DIY warehouse or garden centres although I think Amazon might have some more choices.
        I would like to try coco but I can't buy it locally, I'll have a look on the internet for some and any advice on nutrients would be very welcome.
        I'll keep it going a bit longer and drop the light a little closer and see if that increases the flowers.

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          In flowering you only added orchid nutrient? If I'm not mistaken that formula has very low levels of NPK (below 1%). I'd have to guess that the reason they look thin and wispy is because that nutrient solution is far too weak and you didn't use a soil that contains nutrients. Proper soil or proper added nutrients = bigger buds. Adding more light at this stage won't help much.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          SGD if you have unsulfured molasses add it to your waterings help bulk up colas/buds. Carbs last few weeks of flower if you don't have any weed bloom. I know this one is a learning plant for you, it's OK you'll do better next plant and the plant after that will be even better. Learn and gather your things as you can. Lots of helpful links here on this site. The last couple weeks will help improve that plant. Keep growing

• SGD
          SGD commented
          Editing a comment
          The orchid nutrient I am using has the following ingredients - Nitrogen 4.6 m/v %, P2O5 4.7%, K2O 7.26% plus trace elements of B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo and Zn. The soil also contains nutrients plus I added more during veg.
          I'll pick up some molasses and mix it in the water. How much is OK for this plant?

This is grown from bag seed so I don't know anything about the strain.

Also, I had a look for some coco on the internet and a 5kg pack would cost around $24 but the postage from US would be $60 so that's not really viable.
          Last edited by SGD; 12-09-2020, 06:02 AM.

there are way to many questions to ask but I am sure you understand that overwatering may not have been the culprit. Light, heat, and nutrients all play an important role too. Chucking some seeds into a pot and watering them may produce results but never a good yield. As far as them being ready, I would give them at least another week or 2 until the hairs have completely curled. Then make sure you cure them properly

Seed strain is also important as older seeds tend to yield fewer buds in my opinion. more here from Nebula... https://www.growweedeasy.com/dense-buds
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X