FFOF PH and watering questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFOF PH and watering questions

Hello I had few question. I got a big bag of FFOF to try to save my auto ladies strain Cream Caramel. I am gonna attempt a repot to soil from DWC as I realized my lil make shift soda bottles DWC is not gonna cut it, yes I know repots are bad and especially what I am doing I have read soo much about leaving your AF Strains in the pot cuz of stress how they don't do well in recover.

I want to do this right so here is my questions. With FFOF soil do I just repot and water with tap or say bottled or do I need to adjust my water to desired PH level then feed it to the soil? my second question is if they make it can I later on when the food is used up feed some master blend which my ladies seem to love when I get it right lol or do I just add a handful or 2 of the soil around the base as member mentioned to me? or would I be best off buying the FF trio stuff which I really don't want to do as my budget has finished lol.

Any info will be greatly appreciated and if any of you have had experience to transplanting from DWC to Soil please feel free to tell me of any suggestions you might have to make it work. This has to happen the soda bottles just aren't gonna cut it and the one 5 gallon buckets and top I could afford will go to my Gelato Mango as she is the one thriving the most from DWC + she is not an auto so I got time to grow her right . All info welcome please help me make this change a success! Things I have perlite, cococoir, FFOF, Master blend 4-18-38 combo kit, Jacks 20-20-20.
    Last edited by BushStroker; 12-07-2020, 09:59 PM.

First of all let’s see a pic of the dwc soda bottles then after a good laugh Im sure someone will give advice. I will also.

Comment

• BushStroker
      BushStroker commented
      Editing a comment
      evil evil but I will bite 1 sec

Ok so the first prototype lol was the bottom half of a soda bottle with many holes made on it and feet cut big holes stuck into another bottle with just 25% cut off the top and a lil cut out for the airhose and air stone. Then I change it to top cut of enough to fit a 3inch netted pot in also with a cut out for air hose.
    Last edited by BushStroker; 12-08-2020, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I'll start by saying I dont do DWC, but I would transplant them medium and all (looking at pic 4) into the soil disrupting the roots as little as possible. The if you have it or can get it give them some Voodoo Juice to help them grow roots into the new soil.

Comment

• BushStroker
        BushStroker commented
        Editing a comment
        ok Rwise i will try to get some voodoo juice some how.
        Last edited by BushStroker; 12-09-2020, 02:09 AM.

Nice concept. However after just harvesting 2 plants from a 30 gallon reservoir and looking at the size of the roots, I can fully understand why it didn’t work!

Comment

• BushStroker
        BushStroker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah lol that is the issue, n with my lil budget things went a lil weird but I'll bounce back. The one plant pictured there is destined for 5 gallon bucket of goodness . My auto flowers is ones ill put into soil. The idea itself works but it will not work for full term. I think if done right it could make a good starter kinda thing but not for autos lolol.

Hahaha very nice work. Like Rwise said transplant them just the way they are and make a big hole in their new home so the roots don’t get damaged. I don’t grow in DWC either I do living soil and what I would do is 1/4 cup of alfalfa and 1 tbs of kelp meal bubble that over night and water the soil. Kelp has rooting hormones and alfalfa will help in the explosion of side shoots to help your plant grow. Another good one is aloe Vera which also has rooting hormones and will help your plant with any stress from the transplant. Hope that helps and thanks for the pics.

Comment

• BushStroker
        BushStroker commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you enjoyed ty for the advice all of it helps my autos really need help lol. That fem is not auto she is actually doing great but like retired guy said she gonna need a bigger home. She actually will be kept in DWC 5 gallon bucket system I will put together using the nice pump I purchased but my other girls will see soil tonight. I have a question for you regarding aloe vera, I actually grow this stuff how can I use it? you peaked my curiosity. Ive used it for years for cuts scratches burns that sorta thing in law drinks it for health had no idea it could be applied to growing.

• BushStroker
        BushStroker commented
        Editing a comment
        1 more thing what is living soil?

One thing I really need to know is do I water with ph adjusted water or just yolo it?

Comment

Ph adjusted
        4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
        1x Slapz
        1x Quikz
        2x red runtz
        1x flo-see
        1x 2B blunt
        1x persian pie

Comment

• BushStroker
          BushStroker commented
          Editing a comment
          Ty. sweet on Zkittlez that will prob be my next strain.

• HobbitGDF
          HobbitGDF commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah so far it has rocked it for me. I had 5 out of 5 seeds pop. 1st plant was harvested at 74days. They have been giving me 2.5-3.5oz each averaging 80days from seed.

There is a popular thread here one of the guys grows in 5 gallon buckets and is pulling around 1 pound per bucket/plant I also used to grow in 5 gallon buckets I think you will be fine. The Aloe Vera has many uses some you already mentioned also you can drink it when you have a headache that’s what’s in aspirin (salicylic acid) as far as growing I use it for cloning just take a piece and dip your cutting in the gel. Another way I use it is I fillet it take all the gel 1/4 cup worth and blend it with a bit of water then I pour into 1 gallon of water and water my plants (soil) also I foliar spray in your case that what you would do for DWC. It helps in building your plants immune system so it can fight off pests and disease. Systemic acquired resistance (SAR). If you are interested you can go to Buildasoil.com go to the blog page they have a lot of info on how and why Aloe Vera is so good for plants and a lot more info. They focus on organic living soils but you will find a lot of good info that will help you as a grower no matter you style of grow. The owner also started a Free course on how to grow from beginning to end its on www.thebuildasoilway.com just sign up and you will have access to it. Hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions.

Comment

• BushStroker
          BushStroker commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll have a look that is interesting. Time to take mad cuttings from the aloe and propagate.

• HobbitGDF
          HobbitGDF commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm growing in soil. And using earth dust. I also have Aloe plant. I'm going to try and use it and hopefully my girls will enjoy it. Thanks for that post. I think I just read about yesterday too

• BushStroker
          BushStroker commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude aloe! I am very shocked by what it done! I used it to help the girls transition n it helped but then I got curious, while trimming my DWC girl I took this tiny non viable clones and was like hmm lets try it out. Normally clones that size just die don't really do much but i used aloe gel on it from a piece of aloe and sure nuff them lil girls rooted proper like I will add photos below if you want to see.

A quick update. The ladies made the transfer to soil just fine. here are some pics of the soil ladies and the DWC. Also I will include a pic of the two mutant which now I am blaming bad genetics as all was in same process nutes ect. Anyways thank you for all your helps ands suggestions, hopefully next seeds I have more buckets for DWC. I found a great lil store 2 miles from me carries everything I'll ever need to make it right.
        Last edited by BushStroker; 12-15-2020, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Two clones I took they was half that size when I took em aloe helped em root ! who would have known.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X