Auto fems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto fems

Hello My Friends, I have been growing for 2 + years now, on my 5th grow. when i started, i purchased auto fem seeds, and every plant i have grow, all indoors, have had a few seeds.I'm now growing four plants from those seeds, I'm assuming they would be autos too? they sprouted around Nov 1. and i decided to top them, twice for far. I think they are looking good so far, i may top them once more,. which would give me 8 main colas, or may just let them grow as they are. assuming the seeds are autos, i'm going to leave the light cycle at 18/6. If they are autos, I should know soon. Happy Growing All!
    Attached Files

I reckon you will they look big enough to flower if they are autos? Next time tell what age they are OK I would like to know this so if they need 12/12 to kick start the flowering. They do look healthy
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They dont look like 5 week old autos, all the autos I have done started at 21 days, no more than a rare 35 (only 1 went near that long)
      Yet I agree I would wait another week (or 2) and then flip if they dont flower on their own. There is no guarantee the pollen came from your grow, and if the male was a male and photo-period,

Comment

I've grown quite a few autos, an I dont think any have ever had the first seed ,if they did, I never found one.
        I don't think your plants are autos, like Rwise said ,they show pistils early, I've had some show pistils by day 15, most show pistils by day 35 for sure, if they are autos, I've had a few go a little longer than 35days, but not many.
        How many days old are your plants?
        They are nice an pretty ,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

SoO, they are 5 weeks, sprouted on 11/1. Rwise, I agree, i'll wait a week or two, before i flip the light. the topping could have slowed the auto process. these baby's are northern lights. the original auto fem seeds took 110 days start to finish.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm growing a Northern Lights Auto as well. I just checked my diary and the pistils didn't show until day 31. Today is day 60...when it should be finishing...in theory. I'm guessing 3 to 4 more weeks yet.

interesting DAAS69. every one of mine has had several seeds. no exposure to any male plants. and have never found any bugs in my tent. I don't know how or why i keep finding seeds, but on the bright side, I won't have to buy any for a while!

Comment

Thought you couldn't top autos? I am lst my two thriving ones because I read over and over you couldn't top em . From what I see topping em is ok lol yours looking great so far.

Comment

• Xena
              Xena commented
              Editing a comment
              BushStroker search quadlining on here and you’ll see what can be done to autos. Hopefully I’ll find out for myself this run.

• BushStroker
              BushStroker commented
              Editing a comment
              Xena you friend are awesome!. I read soo many articles and website claims that you can't really top em that they soo fragile with the recovery and stuff and possibility of stunting and way my ladies been acting I was thinking it true. After seeing Doubledealing72 quadlining training on autos i was blown away. My new seeds hopefully soon , will be put in soil with quadlining in mind . Thank you!

i was in the same boat, I had read you shouldn't top autos, but then I saw a post here of a lady that says she does all the time, and was getting about an 8oz yield per plant, si i figured it can't hurt to try! not to mention the seeds were free!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              You got flower starting on these yet? Have you flipped them? How old are they now these seed autos?

hello SoO, two of the four have hairs, so maybe those two are autos. so that puts me in a dilemma, since i only have one tent. do i flip the light, and try and grow the autos on a 12 schedule, or keep going at 18, and see if the other two turn? the seeds are approx. 1 year old. i'm thinking of flipping the light tomorrow, and keeping the plants on the smaller side. they are 6 weeks old now. I read the autos can survive the 12 hour cycle.
            Attached Files

Comment

12/12s may not be ideal for the autos, it will work, may take them a bit longer,

Comment

i'm cool with that. still have 2oz let from my last harvest, so I should be good!!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The yield is smaller for autos at 12/12. I only run them at 12/12 when they are in the last few weeks after they are big and colas are pretty much setup. I won't do autos at 12/12 from seed. Just won't be worth it if you need quantity & quality.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X