G13 mother plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G13 mother plant

Alright guys I just wanted to get on here and brag a little bit! My dad gave me a g13 clone(mother plant for myself)
    and im super excited to use it as a mother plant to pop clones from! With leaves as big as my foerarm and hand put together this indica strain is pretty hard to come by-

Heres a little history of why I'm so excited!!
    As I was growing up my dad(his name is JOHN) always had the best weed that any other person around! He didnt know that I was 15 years old stealing weed out of his drawer lol... To this day he still smokes and grows the same g13 genetics and never gets burned out!!
    the feller that was good friends with my dad back in the late 90's come to pay him a visit.... After they got to catching up for awhile it turned out my fathers true friend got ate up with cancer (god rest his soul), the real reason he come to visit from over 500 miles away, was to give my dad the legendary clones off of his mother plant. He stated "now John, let me tell you something, I got introduced to this strain back in 1985, an old man came to me the same way im coming to you, I dont want this strain to get out! This is the original indica strain of g13...""
    so the strain has been in my family and with a friend for over 35 years that we know of

Back in 2013 the strain started to diminish. Still has the same characteristics and leaves and heartiness of the original strain but didnt have the high thc percentage that the strain was known for, so he started experimenting with another clone off his original mother plant. The first year he crossed it up with brain tease, which was pretty good, but no original g13, then he crossed the G-brain back into the original strain the next year. Than the offspring out of that one he crossed back into the original strain again, breeding the brain tease pretty much back out of it.
    well let me tell you this new version of the all mighty indica strain is all but a heartbreaker. You instantly feel what the G is known for! Plants thrive like nothing ive bought off the internet and im super excited to call it my own!!! Im hoping to keep the strain in par with what its known for.

Last edited by Senters93; 12-08-2020, 10:56 AM.

Thats awesome to keep it in that family like that. Love to try that strain out sometime. G13 was being sold around here ( southern New England) for the past few months. I haven't tried it though.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Great story and what a fantastic strain she is.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks you all it really is a lagacy strain thats been held close to the family for generations and hopefully generations to come!!!! to preserve genetics!!!

Comment

Could you talk more about the smell and taste? I have raw diesel from g13 labs and it’s a g13 mom and a nyc diesel dad. I want to know what to look for in a pheno to breed as much g13 as I can but i have never smoked it.

Comment

Its has a real skunky earthy smell and taste. Almost immediately you can tell that cushion feeling in the back of your throat and from there on your just stoned to the bone!! Im not sure where g13 labs originated there genetics from.... But these plants grow with massive resin hard sticky dark green buds! The density of the buds are insane! And the leaves tend to grow huge fat indica looking leaves

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X