Trying new things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying new things.

My last grow was great. Got a ton ( well maybe a little less) of bud. Really happy with my grow. This time around im changing a few things. Minues that im still gonna grow autos.
    I'm going down to 3 gallon fabric pots from 5s. Next thing is my soil. I previously use nectar of the gods soil mixed with FFOF . It did really well for me but im switching to living soil. Next to go is my bottled nutrients. Im gonna use gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4. Bottled nutes work fine but I felt like I was constantly having to add and add and add..... And hopefully before they go into flower id like to swap my light out from a Spectrum King SK402 to a ROI-E680. But that can wait for now.
    I had some issues finding gaia green living soil in the US. I found it at some company in Toronto Canada. Had to pay a little more on shipping but that's what I wanted.
    I mixed the living soil with 25% earth worm casting, 30+% perlite, 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil of gaia greens 4-4-4 and 2 tablespoons per gallon of soil of gaia green 2-8-4. Mixed it all together and let it sit for a few weeks in my shop.
    I planted~
    2 Bloody skunk
    2 Dark devil
    2 Tripple XL

I popped my beans directly into the final pots and waterd lightly.. a few days later they all broke ground. They are about 5 or 6 days old.
    I'm completely new to living soil and organic gardening. Im gonna take it step by step, day by day. Hopefully I can get these babies to a nice healthy harvest.
    Wish me luck!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLreef; 12-01-2020, 10:37 PM. Reason: Im illiterate
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Hope it all goes awesome! I’m currently growing the bloody skunk auto as well, with Gaia green and almost the exact methods, just in coco. Good luck with the grow!

Comment

Thats awesome! Good luck to you as well. How old are yours?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks, it’s my first time with Gaia green, and really liking the simplicity of watering/feedings.
        At the moment it’s 20 days old from seedling, I think this is the one I’m most excited for to harvest aha.

Comment

Will be watching your Dark Devils. Those are in my next run

Comment

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been itching to to grow this strain. I've heard good things about it.

I am thinking a similar route with Gaia Green and living soil. If this is a grow journal I will sub and watch your grow for sure. GL.
          Last edited by JohnEmad; 12-02-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Good luck mr. @PLreef will follow for sure
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Thanks guys. This will be my unofficial, official grow journal.
              Im hoping to learn from past mistakes and make the best out of this grow. Im learning new things daily. This site has really helped me more than anything else.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

We added two more pots to the tent tonight.
                1 blueberry auto
                1 Buddha purple kush
                My seedlings are really starting to grow nicely.. about 3" tall right now. Heres a couple of pics of them.
                Attached Files
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

We got happy plants! They look great so far. Learning how to properly water these plants is half the battle. Ive ruined a bunch of seedlings in the past because I "thought" they were thirsty..... These on the other hand have been lightly watered 3 times since they poped.
                  Attached Files
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Driller
                    Driller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice mate, nice selection. Subscribed looking forward to seeing how they grow especially the bloody skunk.

• PLreef
                    PLreef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Driller. Me too, I came very close from doing this entire grow ( all 8 plants) as Bloody skunk. But then started going through my order seeds and decided grow a couple from my top choices instead. Ive always wanted to grow a bunch of BS at once.

All my girls are getting bigger by the day. I topped all of them a few days ago. Seem to be reacting to it pretty well. They only pouted for one day.
                  I also planted two more autos last week. Purple kush and blueberry. Both popped out of the ground in the past 3 days. This is gonna be the most amount of plants I've ever grown at once.. I hope i do well.. im pretty excited about making the switch to living soil and gaia green dry amendments. So far all I've done is ph my water to 6.5 and water. Easy!!
                  Attached Files
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Driller
                    Driller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking good PLreef Man you are really going for it with this grow. I like the idea of living soil will be looking into that I think.

First day of some light training and lite defole. All I use is 12g coated wire, I bend it in the shape of a U and put it over the branches like a big staple. Been working pretty well for me so far. Ill end up add to ton more after I top them again.
                  Bloody skunk seem to be the biggest plants so far.
                  I absolutely love watching these ladies grow every day.. So peaceful.
                  Attached Files
                  5x5 Gorilla tent
                  Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                  Technaflora nutes
                  Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Just a quick group shot tonight. About week 4 from germination. Bloody skunk and triple xl is showing signs of flower.
                    Also out new addition to the tent, big 5 gallon pot in the back of photo. We decided to spice things up, planted some cayenne peppers. Who doesn't love some spicy venison chili in the middle of winter, followed by a fatty?! Or vice versa. Lol
                    Attached Files
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The way you train yours is almost identical how i train mine. But so far i've just topped once after LST not done a true manifold i don't think yet? I tie down all the arms as they grow out but not topped those. Mine are photos though so i can play with them longer.

• PLreef
                      PLreef commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I call mine a "half ass manifold". I top twice if they let me in time. Then like you I tie the branches down as they grow. Worked well for me on my last run.
                      I wish we could develop an auto that gives a longer veg time. Even another week or two would be super helpful. But its a challenge/race and I enjoy it. 😁

A fatty for dessert cant go wrong

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X