Indoor beginner woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor beginner woes

I am having trouble getting seedlings past the initial stage of first full leaf sets. I have a 3 x 3 x 6 tent with a Mars Hydro TS 1000 ( 150w ). The LED is a full spectrum with dimmable settings from 0 - 100. I have been raising seedlings with the light set at 25 and about 12 inches away from the plant. The stems are growing a bit tall and thin. If I increase the light setting the leaves become pale in color. Is this LED strong enough? I really have no idea about growing with LED's and any advice regarding light settings and distance from plants would be greatly appreciated.

Same size tent, same light. I started mine at 36-40 inches @50%. Until they got to about the third set of leaves then started to lower and slowly increase power.

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus be helpful for others if they know temp, RH, grow medium.......

First time indoor myself and had problems too. Have nextlight core with humidity done and heat pad. First round I didn't give them light soon enough, they stretched like 5 inches overnight. Started over.2nd round light was too far away but caught it in time. Next time I think I'm gonna try CFL or florescent like 10 or 12 inches away. ? Kinda fun trying to figure it out tho. Good luck
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      For CFLs that will be for to far away, try 2"

Lol I’ve had my seedlings stretch soo bad before but Did pretty much a transplant except I broke half the dirt plug off put the half with the plant in first then used the bottom to fill the cup back up. That’s a temporary fix as I put them into larger pots the same week

Comment

I have that light and it works great. I never changed the power on it. Kept at 100% the whole time. Just raise the light to about 40in like he said. Idk about turning it down. 50% at first sounds safe.
      that's a good enough light to make some dense buds.
      I kept it between 12-24 inches during flower at 100%power
      4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
      1x Slapz
      1x Quikz
      2x red runtz
      1x flo-see
      1x 2B blunt
      1x persian pie

Comment

I have the Mars Hydro TSW 2000, I set it at 25" to sprout at 100% power. When the seeds sprout they stretch just a bit to get to the 24" ideal range, then when they get to 23" I raise the light. This way they are used to the light, I got 100% germination with the seed going from soak to home. When we go into flower the light will be 18" from the canopy @ 100% power. I dont use a tent, do use living soils.
        Good luck and enjoy

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same light in a 4x4. Trying to get dialed in better; this will help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X