Not All Bugs are Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not All Bugs are Bad

When I harvested a plant last month, I got to the bottom and was horrified to find....a web. Noooooo!
    Upon closer inspection it was a spiderweb. How do I know? Because there was still a spider living in it

As long as they don't web, the're safe. Spiders good, Spider Mites bad.

Comment

He looks like his name could be Oscar. Nice little “guard bug” for the plants ahah.

I usually check for other pests around, and see if they noticed an invasive species to munch on, and if that’s why they set up web there. Hope that’s not the case and he just thought it was a nice place to retire!

Comment

This last summers outdoor grow I had all sorts of spiders on my plants. A few resident daddy long legs, couple garden spiders amongst others. They were all welcome with open arms but those god forsaken boring worms.... well there's a special place in hell for those f@(%$!
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          I have seen so many horror stories about growing pot outside it gives me nightmares, lol. I'll never do it. But everything that I do grow outside, yes, the good bugs are always welcome. I plant for them, too. Except that one white spider that likes to hide inside the while cosmos flowers and ambush whole live bees...those guys get marooned out on the lawn. There is a reason we can't see most of it with the naked eye. We would never sleep again.
          I shared the beefsteak tomato with a huge orb spider this year. We came to an agreement. She was in charge at night. And any time I saw her during the day, lol.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X