Another harvest down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another harvest down

Yesterday I spent 10 hours harvesting my White Rhino clone grow it had the most sugar leafs of any of my grows so far. My first grow just one plant I trimmed once dried, what a Royal Pain in the Ass that was took me days to trim it. For my second grow I tried trimming while harvesting found it so much easier and took right around 8 hours for that tote so decided it was my preferred method. That 8 hours held true through the next 2 totes in that grow the 3 totes of my spring grow and the 2 reveg totes harvested this fall. The first picture was taken 11-21 I sent it off to Sirius & Nebula and it made Sundays weekly news letter. The next 2 are first 2 stems cut at beginning of the harvest once trimming I didn't think to take any more till done, they're not the biggest from this tote but are a good representation of the average size. I learned what for me is a very important lesson from this harvest, an 8 hour harvest is my max of looking down to trim. Having had joint pain pretty much since the fall of 1976 I have learned to live with it and have developed a good tolerance for it were most of the time it's just more of a discomfort. March of 2019 right as I was going to do first reservoir change I some how stressed my neck muscles and with no cushion left between the discs in my neck they fused up took about a week before they relaxed enough to were I could once again turn my head or lift any weight. Last night I could feel what I'd done so I took a Flexeril used my hot pack a sock of hot rice and smoked some hash I slept like a baby. Today my neck muscles are still tight so I'll do my PH checks and top offs if needed just the bare minimum to the 3 totes still growing and alternate between hot and cold packs (bags of frozen shredded cheese) while I relax. From this point on when harvesting I'll trim and check time spent trimming at 1/2 way point if over 4 hours I'll stop and finish up the next day. Sorry for such a long rant what my kid calls my ADHD has only gotten worse over the last 10 years. I HATE setting around doing nothing during the day I have to many projects started or planed I want to get done before I can no longer work like I've enjoyed doing my whole life. Might be time to take up daytime cannabis smoking. I post a weight once dried in jars and RH is in range for curing.

Nice looking crop my friend.

Comment

Sounds like you did indeed need that " cocktail " last night. I traded some Thai for some lotion a friend makes that's a grower. I use it daily sometimes 2x or more on my hands and i put it on my husband's neck and shoulders sore from woodcutting. You do some fine growing there fella
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Nice buds, love your drying hangers. I plucked, dried some, still drying from 5 pans of bud, not even done chopping. Now I need to dry trim some buds like you showed above (minus the bigger leaves, removed those before drying). Any tips? I can't drink > pancreas disease. Started tonight but my LR lighting sucks, waiting for daylight tmrw. Wish me luck!
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          That rack is 16.99 on amazon I liked it so much bought 2 more they 3 would of held last years fall harvest done over 3 days or even this falls if they hadn't of been done weeks apart. I had string strung out all around the basement with small gaps in them so I could get trough. The easiest way I've found for me to trim is cut a stem set on my stool with 2 buckets in front of me then start by removing any leaf not being kept for hash it goes in right bucket. Then holding stem from cut end using curved blade sheers I just follow around the buds outer surface and let it fall down into the left bucket. Occasionally I lower the stem into the bucket and knock the buds against the sides to knock off cut pieces that get hung up on them. Once it's trimmed good enough for me after all it's all mine I clip it to the rack working from center of rack out to keep it level. I also have a hanging mesh rack I toss the miss trimmed buds on one layer and hash trimmings on another. I liked to say work smarter not harder now I like to say that was all a cover actually I'm a lazy fucker. To me wet trimming is easier and faster so my advice is cut and trim what you can. If you can't finish it all in one day come back tomorrow the plant will still be there. From my reveg's earlier this year I learned cut stems weep, that dripping messed up the PH in my hydro not sure of it's affect on soil but I will wrap a cloth to catch it if I ever need to do a multiple day harvest in the future.

I always trim when I take them down as well. The trimming is the most time consuming pain in the ass there is and it’s also like one of the last steps. Rhinos always a good choice. Let us know how it taste and the high. Hope this shit helps with your neck pain. I been using Cannabis for my ADHD/anxiety since 2005

Comment

Hope your feeling better soon Poppa. At least your eight hours of trimming was with nice fat buds. I spent eight hours trimming much smaller buds this last Saturday!

Comment

Pretty sweet drying rack. Congrats on a beautiful harvest!
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X