Drooping Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Drooping Leaves

Hello. The plant I'm growing now is Zkittlez Auto. 20/4 light schedule.

There is complete drooping of the leaves. According to my research, it is caused by overwatering. But I want to listen to your suggestions too. What should I do at this stage? And is the problem really overwatering?

Note: no signs of yellowing or other signs of leaves. It is just yellow CFL reflection.

Note 2: I didn't turn it off today because when the lights are off, the plant will droop more. Do you think I did it right?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by GrowerNew; 12-01-2020, 08:02 AM.

Well it's a combo i think of too small a pot and overwatering. She's really yellow not healthy at all looking. So transplant into larger pot with good soil or coco and feed her.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Well it's a combo i think of too small a pot and overwatering. She's really yellow not healthy at all looking. So transplant into larger pot with good soil or coco and feed her.
      No mate, there is no yellow leaves. It is just yellow CFL reflection.

And I don't think it's because of the small pot. pot 11 Lt and plant only 20 cm.

Comment

Well she looks like she's root bound overwatered and underfed that's the way she's looking to me. So give some details of her life. All she's had is CFL? I'm growing the photo version of Z right now.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well she looks like she's root bound overwatered and underfed that's the way she's looking to me. So give some details of her life. All she's had is CFL? I'm growing the photo version of Z right now.
          12. day of bloom
          270w yellow CFL lights
          BioBizz nutrients - Bio-Grow, Acti-Vera, Top-Max and Bloom. I use nutrients as I used it before.

For more information you can check my growdiaries:

Comment

With all those clawed leaves I would be looking for bugs, with a 30x zoom lens or better.

Comment

You can see new photos of her in normal light
              Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look too bad to me - could stand to lose a few leaves - looks like she is trying to grow vertically but is being held down for some reason?
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

My guess would be the lights. They look super close in the one photo, and I noticed your plant almost looks more perky when you took it outside for better photo lighting.

Comment

• Xena
                    Xena commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My understanding is that cfl has to be within a few inches. Isn’t that right?

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes like 2", I had a plant grow right up inside 1 with only slight burns.

It’s true CFL is usually recommended around 4” above the canopy, with CFL you aren’t going to get a very tall plant though, you can get higher yields by training sideways and selective defoliation to open up spots and allow light penetration. This and LST makes a much bushier plant unlike the traditional Christmas tree style.
                  Plants can grow quick, so you’re going to want to be on top of measuring and repositioning your lights or foliage.

I’ve never used CFL myself, but just from the photos it seemed like it might be clawing down because of it, but then again, overwatering can be the issue too (as you mentioned) I would maybe stagger my water/feedings a little more, adjust the lights 4” across (to allow her to grow into the light) and see how she responds

Comment

The clawing can be over-water, but I would give them a look over for bugs with a 30x zoom lens, just to make sure the girls are clean, dont want no crabs here!
                    I used CFLs until the budget allowed a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED, the CFLs will work, Y adapters get you to 4 bulbs per socket (takes 3 of them to get there) which helped. I'll tell you that I was running 1200 watts of CFLs and the LED makes more light with just over 300 watts and much less heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                      Doesn't look too bad to me - could stand to lose a few leaves - looks like she is trying to grow vertically but is being held down for some reason?
                      Yes, I did LST

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAlchemist View Post
                        It’s true CFL is usually recommended around 4” above the canopy, with CFL you aren’t going to get a very tall plant though, you can get higher yields by training sideways and selective defoliation to open up spots and allow light penetration. This and LST makes a much bushier plant unlike the traditional Christmas tree style.
                        Plants can grow quick, so you’re going to want to be on top of measuring and repositioning your lights or foliage.

I’ve never used CFL myself, but just from the photos it seemed like it might be clawing down because of it, but then again, overwatering can be the issue too (as you mentioned) I would maybe stagger my water/feedings a little more, adjust the lights 4” across (to allow her to grow into the light) and see how she responds
                        I will try it but the 13th day of flowering is today. will she still continue to grow?

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                          The clawing can be over-water, but I would give them a look over for bugs with a 30x zoom lens, just to make sure the girls are clean, dont want no crabs here!
                          I used CFLs until the budget allowed a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED, the CFLs will work, Y adapters get you to 4 bulbs per socket (takes 3 of them to get there) which helped. I'll tell you that I was running 1200 watts of CFLs and the LED makes more light with just over 300 watts and much less heat.
                          Thank you very much, but now my budget is not enough to buy a quality LED.

Comment

• Rwise
                            Rwise commented
                            Editing a comment
                            BTDT, it took a while before my budget allowed for the LED, and I just paid out more for a PH meter (ok it does more than PH) than the LED cost.

Dear friends. The problem was not overwatering. The problem was due to the temperature difference between dark and light. The plant is in the blooming stage now, do you think I should pass the 24/0 period? What are the benefits and harms?

for more information about my plant:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                            D.A.A.S.69 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Temperature can definitely make a difference,
                            I have seen autos shut down like yours ,from to much light too, but I know that's not your problem.
                            Run them 24-7, at least I would my autos. Some might not though.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X