Best Training Tips for Autoflowers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Training Tips for Autoflowers?

I am preparing for my next grow which will be White Widow Autoflowers and have read that auto-flowers should only be low-stress trained and not manifolded?

This will be an OUTDOOR grow, so no SCROGing here. I just want to get each plant to produce the best it can in a 3-gallon fabric pot; soil mixed with perlite, peat, and FF nutrients at appropriate times...

I am planning to top the plant once it has 3-5 sets of leaves. My last plant I used twine to LST and it helped more bud sites develop, but I still had a lot of little buds down near the base of the stem that didn't grow anywhere near their potential.

What are your fave ways to increase yields on autos by training?

I posted this to you on another thread but here it is again. Search “quadlining” on here that guy that posted it knows his sh** and I’ll be trying at least one that way this time too.

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Thanks! Looks like we're about the same place in our learning curves (I think you're on your 2nd grow and I just popped my 2nd grow seed last night). Look forward to seeing your training pics.

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      Just dropped 2 last night too.

Favorite way is topping - which you should do after the 5th node. Then I train some branches to grow away from the main stem - this helps in airflow for when they have flowered. I need to do that to combat WPM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

I lst mostly. Topped couple times which made her to short and bushy. I havent tried to mainline one or quad line. When I did top, I did the best of the 5 and it grew just as good as the rest, so topping at the right time with autos is key.
    easiest and best results for me personally is LST along with defoliation to allow light to lower buds and remove the lowest buds (anything that doesn't get much light)
    them Larfy underbuds lower yeilds on autos big time.

Quadlining and mainlining just to get only main colas would be fun to try next for me with my autos
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

• dakini9
      dakini9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like I just learned a lot reading your post, thanks!

I top an mainline, quadline, on most of my autos, it might slow them down a little, but it's well worth it come harvest time.
    If you are going for 8-10colas, or more, don't be scared to remove all the lower under growth that want receive as much light,
    HappyGrowing
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

With my auto's I negate unproductive growth by removing under four no matter the training method. In my never to be humble opinion, autoflower strains can be trained as you would any other strain. I haven't managed to stress one yet and have been growing them since 2015. My yields suffered in the early water soluble synthetic fertilizer days, but now, not so much. Organic soil auto grower.
      Last edited by quirk; 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are so great looking and thanks for the pic of the under growth removal good lesson. Just beautiful quirk

• dakini9
        dakini9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome post! Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by quirk View Post
      With my auto's I negate unproductive growth by removing under four no matter the training method. In my never to be humble opinion, autoflower strains can be trained as you would any other strain. I haven't managed to stress one yet and have been growing them since 2015. My yields suffered in the early water soluble synthetic fertilizer days, but now, not so much. Organic soil auto grower.
      Wow, they look almost like bonsai! Nice job! Remove little scraggly nuggs on the bottom - got it! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Here's an auto i topped a bunch of times. I topped it and half assed mainlined it. I was really happy with the outcome. Its was FULL of buds that were essentially the same size.
        I'll use the same technique on my current grow.
        Good luck!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PLreef; 11-30-2020, 09:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pic. Derp......
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• dakini9
          dakini9 commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW!!!! Looks amazing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X