Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help flower stage

Hello everyone,

I got an emergency situation where i need some help. I am on week 4 running a 9 weeks flower.
    the plants are turning yellow and then purple to brown color. They are also wilted and not absorbing the water I gave them 5 days ago. I am on week 4 guys and need help ASAP.

( I have been growing for one year by now and I had no problems at all but everything went sideways this week)

I also attached pictures

What are the temps and Rh in the room? What is the coldest temp you get at the floor level?

Are you in coco or soil?

What have you been using for nutrients and how much have you been feeding them and how often?

There is definitely lock-out going on. Purpling usually means lack of phosphorus, but I don't think your solution is so simple. Give us some more details and hopefully the crew can narrow it down to a few ideas.

Comment

• Randeebutrus
      Randeebutrus commented
      Editing a comment
      The temperatures are 70-74.5 F.
      Im using Coco and also I have been using heavy-16 and I feed them every other day 3 gallons. They were fine absorbing everything since they were in veg state till week 4 in flower stage started going sideways.

What are your recommendations for lock out? Also what nutrients that have phosphorus?

I really appreciate your help it means alot

Coco is great because you can get an accurate reading of the root zone conditions my monitoring the run-off. Do you have the tools to check the Ph and EC or ppm of the run-off? That would be the first thing to do. Your temps sound good. Phosphorus is the "P" in the N-P-K ratio. Does the nutrients you are using list those on the bottle? I'm not familiar with Heavy 16.

If you have lock-out, it will be apparent from the Ph and EC readings of the run-off.

Comment

Yes, I always try to keep my PH levels on 6.0 and my ppm I always keep it under 2k. Also, My bud A is 2-0-3 and Bud B is 1-3-6. Does that mean I gotta add Bud B a little more than bud A?

if there is a lock out, should I wait till they are completely dry and I flush them? Or should I flush them while the soil is still a little wet?

Comment

I would flush now but thats just me.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Originally posted by Randeebutrus View Post
          Yes, I always try to keep my PH levels on 6.0 and my ppm I always keep it under 2k. Also, My bud A is 2-0-3 and Bud B is 1-3-6. Does that mean I gotta add Bud B a little more than bud A?

if there is a lock out, should I wait till they are completely dry and I flush them? Or should I flush them while the soil is still a little wet?
          But what are the actual run-of numbers? Do you have the ability to test EC?

Those nutrients are fairly low doses, has this been the same feed for the whole lifespan?

Comment

What I see is root issues, most likely PH is off causing a lockout.

Comment

• Randeebutrus
              Randeebutrus commented
              Editing a comment
              So do I flush them with correct ph water? My ph in the soil is 5.1

Agreed with Rwise over done with ferts & watering.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Randeebutrus
              Randeebutrus commented
              Editing a comment
              So do I flush them with correct ph water? My ph in the soil is 5.1

It's the only thing i know what to do with this issue. Man that's a commercial grow? I'd rethink my feeding regiment and keep closer eyes on these. Sorry it's sad to see these in there current conditions.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Randeebutrus
              Randeebutrus commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it is a commercial grow and trust me I have spent over 200k on this operation. So do you think I flush them with correct ph water? Also my EC is 0.4 out of my feeding barrels is there a way to increase it?

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Its easy to get that kinda money into it, a guy near me almost sh!t his self when his first 2 week electric bill came in ($5k) lights went off and plants went outside.

You need to raise the PH to ~6.5 in the soil, I would water at ~7.5 then recheck the PH

Comment

Flushing high ph water in an attempt to neutralize is NOT the way to go. I leaned the hard way. Many of the nutrients that you are trying to flush away are soluble in a low ph and have only precipitated due to incorrect ph. Moreover, flushing is also about removing excess built-up salts by allowing the plant to use up whatever nutes are in excess.. not simply about physically stripping everything out of the medium. Also use water that it room temp to slightly warm (Not hot!) as the nutes will dissolve and wash away best in low ph (6.25) 70 degree water. Also, if this is a commercial grow are you sure you are maximizing Bud-sites? I see the SCROG net but it looks like some of the resources could be better spent on higher up even canopy colas.. I would try combining LST and topping with SCROGG, while removing some of the undergrowth. For Nutes, do I have it right that you are giving one of them a 2-0-6 nute feed?! Especially with Coco you need a base nute solution during veg and then diff nutes during flower something closer to a 2-8-4 solution during flower (or even a 5-10-5) every other watering. Also, as others have mentioned you HAVE to be checking your runoff water with a ph meter AND with an EC/TDS reader. Ph fluctuations screw everything up and if you catch it early you can prevent any delay or stress to the plants. You can pick up a Ph pen and EC meter on Amazon for under $20. You want you ph runoff to be less than 1ph below or above your starting solution water ph (which should be b/w 6-6.5 or maybe lower.) as for your PPM, runoff can be a little higher than solution ppm but if you see it spike by 500ppm or more then you may need to cut back on nutes. If your ppm is lower with your runoff than your solution ppm then you prob need to increase base solution. Hope this helps!

Comment

• Randeebutrus
                Randeebutrus commented
                Editing a comment
                Im sorry if im having too many questions, but this harvest has to go right.

What do you mean by runoff and how do I check the EC/ TDS? Do I check the soil or the feeding Barrels? Also what is a good EC/TDS and how do I adjust them?

Originally posted by Grundogg View Post
              Flushing high ph water in an attempt to neutralize is NOT the way to go. I leaned the hard way. Many of the nutrients that you are trying to flush away are soluble in a low ph and have only precipitated due to incorrect ph. Moreover, flushing is also about removing excess built-up salts by allowing the plant to use up whatever nutes are in excess.. not simply about physically stripping everything out of the medium.
              Truth

You have an issue in the root zone with Ph causing lock-out if it is at the 5.1Ph you report. It's not too many nutes. As a commercial grow, you need to develop better SOPs.
              Last edited by ChadWestport; 11-30-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

What is a SOPs? Also Im sorry if im having too many questions, but this harvest has to go right.

What do you mean by runoff and how do I check the EC/ TDS? Do I check the soil or the feeding Barrels? Also what is a good EC/TDS and how do I adjust them?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  standard operating practices = SOP that's what i know them as. Don't you have anyone involved in this other than you? Who'd you go to for setting this up?

If in coco ,everytime you feed you need to water to runoff out the bottom of your pots, at least 10-pecent or a little more, of what you put in the pots.
                When you get runoff in coco, that's really a mini-flush, which helps you from getting lockout in the first place, always water-feed your plants until you see a good bit of water coming out the bottom of your pots.
                First what you need to do is catch some runoff from your pots an check the ec-ppm, and whatever it is just run 6.0ph, water thru your pots until the ec, is a little less than 50percent of what it was when you just checked it.
                Then you can go back to normal feeds-water, if you want a good dry, easy to use one part dry nutrient, that works great for coco, check out MegaCrop, very simple to use, fertilizer is fertilizer but MegaCrop works great with coco, plus it's cheap as hell too.
                Always water till runoff in coco, like I said above, it's a mini-flush, that helps prevent lockout, like you got..
                Just be glad you are in coco, cause flushing in soil is a hellava lot ruffer on your plants than when flushing in coco.
                One other thing ,you don't ever want your coco to dry out, that's why some folks water-feed their plants 3-4times a day.
                Maybe this might help you some.
                Great answers from above too, by the way.
                Randeebutrus
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

First impressions were - over watered and nutrient lockout - something about their home is too moist - I see white powdery mold in your last pic - not enough air circulation.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X