Drying & me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Drying & me

The 1st batch has been drying for a week, last evening when I hung the 5th batch I tested a 1st batch bud and it snapped off. I feel like dung, should be better tmrw after calcium infusion. (Am I a strain? I also get my mag level checked in the a.m. )

Do I let them hang another day+ (they have to be dry trimmed) or put them in jars w/enough stem to hold onto to dry trim them tmrw night??

Also, I'll be dry trimming most of the week, some of the bigger stems feel stickier than the buds. I know how they can be used but I won't be able to do anything right away, how should I best deal with them until usage?

Thank you.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

If you have a chance to cut the stem with buds down into smaller pieces to put them in a jar or container, I would do that. It's hard to get nice moist buds without additives after they have gone too dry. Time permitting, I'd do that until you can get to them in the afternoon.

Comment

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      haha, you must be dreading trimming. I don't blame you

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chad, I truly am busy tmrw until 3 or after, then get home & feed the pets. Tuesday I have 2 tele appts and one in-person. Sunday my nephew offered to help but I really did feel awful. Yeah, it's not going to be fun. I found a chopped top sitting on the nightstand, it was from Saturday evening. Found another one hanging off the bed two nights before, I blame the cat. Had one clone growing in a glass for a month, cat finally got to it. He just wants them for 'sticks' to play with, he steals my plant twisty ties, they're all over the house. It's a zoo.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      busy busy. Why does it always seem to happen at harvest time? Good luck to you Puglover1

I use boost 2 way humidity packs in all my glass jars but still burp and follow the typical curing procedure, You can get the packs on Amazon they should help to rehydrate a bit. So the who thing about curing is the the outside of the bud will be crisp but the inside will be juicy like a fruit gusher. When placed in a sealed jars they sweat from the middle out so then you burp the jar to let the outside dry out and then close it and repeat and repeat for like a month. The humidity pack is for long term storage but it may help you a bit

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, I've read and read. I have two different size humidity packs. I filled a container to be dry trimmed, threw a pack in, I'll keep checking on it. I lost a day, woke up on the sofa at 8 a.m. feeling crumby. I know what hypocalcemia feels like in humans, it can be brutal. I've always made sure the plants got theirs. After I trim and they go into jars they should be OK. Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X