Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH question

Hey all

My biggest fault in growing is being time poor ! Was wondering if I make 100 litres of PH correct feed , will it stay the same PH for a month or so ? And if the stales will that matter ?

TIA

I can’t say myself but this was brought up a while ago by someone premixing theirs for someone else to use while they were away and the answer was don’t mix that far ahead.

Comment

From personal experience, I can say with my tap water, the Ph did rise as the water sat out. It eventually caused a nutrient lockout with a high soil Ph. I want to research further and find out why/how the water does this. I can say it is best to fill water the night before and have it sit overnight (to dechlorinate) and mix your nutrients up right away the next day. That way you can avoid over complicating anything (seems like the opposite and that’d it make it easier, but I noticed nothing but problems that took me twice as long in veg to fix with leaving things premixed and sitting out)

It’s not recommended to mix everything and leave it sitting for so long (especially for weeks). It’s usually recommended you use what you need for that feeding, but I have heard of some people automating their water reservoir and nutrient supplies to mix for the days they need, this is mostly hydroponic growing, but I’ve seen a few medium setups too. It’s worth giving a few setups a look on YouTube if you’re still interested in switching things up, automating or to see how others manage their feeds easier.
      hope this tidbit helps a bit,
      cheers!

Comment

I have noticed my mixed Nutrients start to smell after 4 days in a bucket So i mix a new batch every 2 days or so but I normally finish the bucket every watering but what I do with my water and how I store it is I use these water containers in the picture now they have a little plug that I take out so the Chlorine can escape I use about 1 to 2 gallons every 2 days late in the grow with 5 gallon pots I keep about 10 gallons in the containers at the ready. If I go to use 2 day old mixed nutes i would ph it again to make sure it is the correct Ph or test the Ph just to check if it changed
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X