Plinking along, day by Covid day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plinking along, day by Covid day

Days 55, 51 and 48 of flower for my Golden Tiger X Panama (GTXP). Mandarin Gelato (MG) and Critical XXL. This is my 4th crop and I must admit, I slacked off. GTXP is a boutique strain that the breeder recommended 11 on 13 off, to aid with the flowering stretch. I ignored the recommendation and now I have at least one baked bud. This thing has an extended flowering time and won't be ready 'til sometime in the first half of January. My MG is my "Star". It has exceeded my hopes for buds, is right on time, as far as expected harvest and looks frosty. XXL is the runt. I had to raise the smart pot, to ensure it got enough light. I just lowered it to the floor this morning. It was supposed to be ready for harvest around 1 December

I continue to jump the gun, with regards to starting a new crop. Fortunately (?), neither of the MG seeds took. That too, was likely my lackadaisical behavior at work. I intend to drop another MG seed here in the next few days. This time, I'll be more attentive I guess I'm evolving into a "when there's room, drop a seed" kind of guy. I desire variety in my garden, so I'm not too sure what will come after the GTXP and XXL. I have lots of strains to choose from, left from my two Seedsman orders.

I recently had to purchase another backup grow light, I spilled coco in my old one. It's a Mars Hydro TS600W and will double as a veg light.

I recently had my first GWE Forum 1st birthday and would like to share that I am having an absolute blast. The growing is as important to me as the flower. Don't get me wrong, I love a good buzz. Getting that buzz on ALSO NOW GIVES ME SATISFACTION!!! As I've mentioned a few times here, I loathe being dependent upon dispensaries and won't even consider black market cannabis.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Originally posted by BR2K View Post
    I guess I'm evolving into a "when there's room, drop a seed" kind of guy.
    I’m confused, there’s another kind?🙂

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      I was starting them simultaneously and just automatically figured they'd finish up that way. Hey, even if I AM a legend in my own mind, that doesn't make me smart

I understand what your sayin BR2K i'm using a vipar for just grow/veg other part burnt out so yes i got a true veg light LOL. I was fair less attentive with my tent as i was doing outdoor also. You should see the crap that was inside my vipar i sent in for repair sounds similar to the coco spillage on yours. I just plugged it in and saw all the crap dead bugs and what looked like fire particulates in the lens i got to remove the back shake it out but won't do it now don't need it till late spring it goes into my porch tent.

I said to myself i was not going to start a grow until after Jan. but here i am. It's awful hard for me to be sitting out, i don't need the weed i've given quart jars away and traded for CBD lotion since harvesting summer outdoor. I looked at the cupboard got 4 different strains of outdoor couple quarts of each. I wanted to do a indoor photo run again i just am loving the long grow and training of them. I almost thru in a few auto seeds to mix in this run but i thankfully changed my mind too much to think about and that's one reason i decided on just photos. And i too love the variety of different strains in my cupboard

The only reason i stop by to a dispensary now is to compare my trimmed bud to there's of course it's different lights and environment for mine. Happy GWE birthday, i've enjoyed watching your grows. I too enjoy just growing and sharing getting others opinions and being patient in the hanging of the branches that's my new learning lesson.......
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I had that kind of stash! I am feverishly sorting through my "trim" jar, that originally was going for dry ice hash. Thankfully, it does the trick getting me to sleep!

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      BR2K lol..... I really feel ya. I have maybe 4-5 bowls full left in my trim jar it’s shit smoke but like you said it does get the job done. Then on to my small jar of NLxBB that’s curing and then sadness until my next chop. I can’t smoke the street weed anymore after having a taste of my own. Only bright spot is just a tiny bowl split with my wife and I am F***ED UP so my small jar will last a little while.

It's only do to the outdoor harvest during summer i get the cupboard stocked that is it. I don't have big photos like some so mine don't last long if i just did a tent. So summer legally grow gets us through till we harvest a tent in 3-4months. I've been growing perpetually now since last fall over a year do to a crappy poor summer 2019 made me need to run these tents for a year. That's why we have some, not what i intended to do but so very enjoyable and so much less $$$$. I do like to stop for a few months do some traveling but who does that this year?? Yes i know who does......
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My summer grow did ok, over 40 quarts stored, could have been better. Now its time to grow inside and make some seed for next year with Santa Marta Colombian Gold!
      I do so luv getting freedoms back! Even if they tax it,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X