To defoliate or to not defoliate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To defoliate or to not defoliate

To defoliate or to not defoliate that is the question.I have been doing selected defoliation during her growth to open up bud sites but stopped a few days ago so she has gotten farley bushy.She is now going into flower should I keep doing it or stop and let it grow out till she is done. I don't want to slow growth down at this point but i'm inclined to do it to open it up a little bit.Its a white widow autoflower Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201128_120240.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	470149Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201128_120300.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	470150
    Go ahead sing to your plants there not going to think your a nutjob

Grow in soil-fox farm ocean forest-happy frog
    Indoor Grow with 5gl cloth pots
    31/2x31/2 Home made grow box
    1-Mars hydro ts1000 and 1-ts600
    Humboldts nutrients + Blackstrap molasses
    secret base a & b
    cal mag
    golden tree
    flower stacker

Looks great dhll999 - at this stage and looking at your plant you definitely want to defoliate - open up those bud sites underneath and those will turn into branches - probably every second day you'll be able to open up bud sites.
    You'll be surprised how fast she'll fill in the spots you open up.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Canuck147 i love to see through the plant looking down to the soil

Thats a nicely trained and rounded bush you have there. Light defoliation may be a good idea to get some air moving through the center. On plants like this, I want to be sure I can see my hand on the other side through the middle. If I can't, there is too much foliage and it needs a bit of defoliation.

Comment

I do a heavy defol just before flower and then about 3 weeks into flower give her another one but not as much. Don’t go crazy on the week 3 defol as the plant will stop producing leaves then and focus on buds only. Plants look great btw

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's an autoflower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X