X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermie on first grow

Hello guys!

New user and new grower here.
    I have six plants going, under a 600w HPS, assisted by approx 100W of supplemented LED lighting. They are all very healthy and very large, with good bud growth (all but one mid-to-late-flower). This other day I noticed pollen sacks on the lower nodes of one of my girls, though. I have gone over the plant and have found no signs of bananas, only a few small clusters of pollen sacks on the lower nodes of said plant.
    It is not possible for me to separate this plant from the rest of them, due to space issues, so I am wondering: Should I cut the plant down and make oil from it or let run its course, going over it daily, looking for pollen sacks? Seems like a big waste to cut down a plant that looks like it will probably yield around 100-150 grams, yet it would be even worse to sacrifice the other five, who will probably produce similar yields...
    Anyone have any experience with such situations? Is it realistic to keep a hermie in check, by removing pollen sacks, or am I doomed to seeds from all my plants, if I attempt to let it run its course..?

EDIT: Typos
    Last edited by invictus; 11-28-2020, 12:51 PM.

Its very hard to get all of the sacks because as your buds swell, they tend to hide in or just below and out of sight. So you're most likely going to miss some and you are most likely going to wind up with at least some seeds in your other plants. For me, it's not a total deal breaker, but if a plant has more than 5 visible sacks at any one time, I prefer to chop it down and make space for something else that can be in there.

Comment

Ok, I guess I'll be making some oil, then...
      Thanks for the answer!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X