Takin a break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takin a break

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a decent Thanksgiving despite all the covid chaos.
    I think I'm going to take a little break from growing. Maybe start up again in a couple months. Reason being is with my last grow I seemed to be battling powdery mildew for its entirety Doesn't that (powdery mildew) hit when there's too much moisture? My temps were 73-80 most of the time and humidity rarely went above 48% Maybe I'm mistaken, i don't know.

When I DO start my next grow I'd like you guys to do the honor of picking the next strain. The seeds I have to choose from are: Sour Kush auto, Gorilla Glue auto, Bruce Banger(?) reg Fem, Cheese reg Fem, Bubblegum auto, Blue Venom reg Fem, White Widow reg Fem, Fucking Incredible reg Fem or GL Rubber Match (seeds I got a while back from a dispensary purchase

Thanks for reading

Sometimes a break is just what you need! Hope it's restful and you come back refreshed and ready to fight off mildew if it returns. I'm new to growing so I don't have much advice, but I've learned so far that keeping your grow room well-ventilated and using a dehumidifier can help with mildew. I'm very partial to gorilla glue so that has my vote. Best of luck with whatever you choose after taking a little time away!

Comment

Originally posted by kayakiit View Post
      Sometimes a break is just what you need! Hope it's restful and you come back refreshed and ready to fight off mildew if it returns. I'm new to growing so I don't have much advice, but I've learned so far that keeping your grow room well-ventilated and using a dehumidifier can help with mildew. I'm very partial to gorilla glue so that has my vote. Best of luck with whatever you choose after taking a little time away!
      maybe grow in a colder season. My temps and especially humidity change down stairs during winter months.. perhaps it has to do with the furnace coming on or maybe just the cold dry winter.

Comment

Maybe a short break and some sterilization would help. Empty the tent and wash it out with a beach & water solution. Hit every nook and cranny with it. Hopefully you can eradicate the spores and continue growing.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

You've got some good choices for when you start back up again. Taking a break is a good thing, better than doing something that you don't like and getting resentful in the process. PM does like high humidity, but if there isn't much airflow in the area, PM can happen in much lower Rh settings. The spores are constantly floating around the air and all it takes is a chance for them to settle. The PM then enters the plant and thats when you see issues coming. Which may also be why you had a hard time getting rid of it. Best of luck, enjoy the break and we can't wait until you come back and join us.

Comment

I do take a break from my indoor grow also and focus on the outdoor in late spring. I too wash down my tent inside after last grow post winter, zip it up and forget it for about 6 months I don't bring outdoor grows in to finish ever. I have had soil knats and a spider inside the tent but didn't seem to cause issues.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don't have the spacing to have a tent, unfortunately. My grows are all in a spare closet but I guess I can still thoroughly clean the walls of the closet, etc

Comment

• changeofpace2014
                changeofpace2014 commented
                Editing a comment
                might be a challenge to ventilate the closet, unless there is access to a attic for the exhaust fan.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X