Help with seeds from hermi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with seeds from hermi

I've not been long growing and was wondering if seeds from 2 different feminised autos, where 1 had hermed and pollinated the other . Are those seeds worth keeping

Hi Kiwibob, I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will chime in. My husband has been growing seeds in many of his grows for years. Before mail order seed houses we depended on the occasional clone or stray seeds that came our way so growing your own was necessary. He's gotten some good weed out of hermed plants and I understand that gorilla glue originated accidentally from a seed from a hermed plant. So it can't be all bad I don't know how being an auto affects the genes though. It would be very cool if you could grow your own auto seeds wouldn't it

Comment

• Kiwibob
      Kiwibob commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers for dropping by and giving advice the help I get here is why I keep trying

On the good side, free feminized seed.
    On the bad side, the chance of more hermies is great, more so on the one that pollinated its self.

That does not mean they wont grow and cannot produce a nice crop, but dont count on it, then if you get a good return enjoy it.
    My last run from hermied bag seed yielded 6 of 6 hermies, weed was good, but the seed from it was feed to the birds. And my reason is I dont promote hermies as this is leading to self pollinating MJ which in the long run we dont want. Many say feminizing is doing this as well.

Comment

• Kiwibob
      Kiwibob commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if they are likely to be female could be alright thanks for your time and advice

Howdy Kiwibob, In my experience growing my nannered seeds, I have found that they are not more prone to producing a lot more of the nannered seeds. The environment, light cycles, heat and nutrient stresses are most likely going to produce more nanners than just the genetics. I have grown plants from nannered seeds that did not [produce many seeds at a;;, and some. when stressed, produced a lot of seeds. Like Rwise said :,,, free feminized seeds...". I'm on my fifth grow using nannered seeds, and every one has produced female plants with good yields (the last grow, three plants produced 14.664 ounces of bud with only about 60 seeds (still have some bud left to check}}.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Kiwibob
      Kiwibob commented
      Editing a comment
      Your advice has me thinking I should give them a chance, they are a cross of Jack herer auto (the one that hermied) and northern lights auto, both of which I really enjoy . So now all I can do is give it a try I'll let you know how it goes. Your help is much appreciated cheers

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kiwibob, One more bit of information, I have found that the seeds (from my nannered plants) seem to have a better 'sprouting rate' when they have been stored in the freezer for a couple of weeks prior to germinating them, just let them get to room temperature before germinating them. Also, when You do try them, keep a close watch on them as they may have the characteristics of either or both 'parents', one never knows what one will get (just like a box of chocolates! LOL!).
      Good luck.

• Kiwibob
      Kiwibob commented
      Editing a comment
      Once again thanks for the information DW2 will be keeping a close might find my holy grail lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X