Mold detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold detector

Hi, I’m looking for a machine that will test the plants for mold and yeast. In Oklahoma and we have to test everything prior to selling. It’s quite costly for the required testing so I was just curious if there was anything out there for mold detection (pre-testing) if you will. Thanks!

If you plan to sell in the legal market, there is no way around the mandated testing. It can be cheated, but I'm not telling you how. Integrity... But you can use a UV light to inspect leaf surfaces during growing for signs of mold. Spores will grow a bright green under that light. Controlling your environmental conditions in the grow is your best bet.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the tip! I’m not trying to cheat, just looking for a way to stay on top of things! I appreciate it.

Comment

I only say that because I want consumers to get as healthy of a product as possible. Thank you for not taking offense, my comment wasn't meant to accuse. Sadly, having worked at a few license grows, some of the standard practices break my heart.

Comment

• Reighreigh
          Reighreigh commented
          Editing a comment
          No offense taken at all! We are a small grow and only been doing this for almost a year. We still have so much to learn, but we want to have a good quality product! I appreciate any advice!🙂

I picked up a small black light flashlight on Amazon. Works pretty good to find mold on the girls.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Reighreigh
          Reighreigh commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a black light, having a hard time figuring out what could possibly be mold and what’s normal. Any tips?

I’ve read some about the black lights! I think I will give them a try! Thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X